Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems Dealing with The New Firewall Forward in Fort Collins, CO?

D W. , unless you want to come to Colo for something else, I think you would be smart to wait until they say the engine is actually finished before you come to FNL. Even many of the best shops take longer than the estimate.
    I don't have any idea if they are working on your engine, just that some work is going on there.

Firewall Forward

As a vendor of Firewall Forward we have been trying to get paid for services rendored for almost one year ago. They string us along and string us along and have yet to get any payment. I believe they are on the edge of going under. If it was me, I would proceed with caution. Very disappointing situation and they have always had cash flow issues, and the worst now.

And it continues to drag

Update: After getting a couple calls to calm me down and reassure that everything was still in the works - FWF is still very difficult to get a hold of and not at all definitive in describing where the build is at or any definite timeline. After getting a call back on Tuesday Jan 3 the shop manager whom had given me same ol' song and dance that work is happening but still could not reasure me of a date to book my airfare later that week... or even the next week!

Contacted the FAA FSDO hoping for some info.... didn't like the response and can't discuss it publicly for legal reasons they say.

Don't give my chances at getting warranty work done much over .01%... assuming that i'd even try.
    Last edited by D Weatherald; 01-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Perhaps it is time to pay them a visit and see for your self where things stand. It is entirely possible that you are dealing with a good company that is just having a bit of a struggle in this lousy economy. While there have been a number of posts of a negative tone it just may be that they are in fact building you a fantastic engine. I hate to do buiness over the phone and the internet. Go see them and look them in the eye when you ask about your engine. Their eyes will tell you a lot and you may find that your concerns while understandable just may be put to rest. Your peace of mind may just be worth the cost of a ticket to fly there. Just a thought. Best of luck and hope all ends very well.

Mr Weatherald, That is your 210 sitting outside of the Firewall Hanger.I own Front Range Fuel Systems and I work in that hanger also, I don't know what the timeline for you engine to be completed is but I will be the pilot doing the test flying of it when it is done. I don't know how serious you were about your shotgun method for getting your engine completed but I can tell you that would be a very bad idea on your part. If you give me an email address I will be happy to keep you informed as to any progress made on your engine.

Fuelman, what do you mean by "your shotgun method"?
    I don't know Mr. Weatherwald, and I am not directly involved other than as a former customer of Firewall Forward; but I sure don't see what the owner of the 210 has to be faulted on. He won a drawing at EAA for an overhaul at cost?, same one lot's of us entered,and he delivered his plane to Firewall. What's wrong with that? He also says he fronted them $10,000 and while I may be wrong I don't think most overhaul shops ask for payment in advance. After all they have his engine and his plane as security, if they need cash in advance it seems to indicte that they may not have good credit and only be on a cash basis with suppliers.
    The burden seems to be on Firewall to do what they said they will. I hope they do, and maybe they will. It is not uncommon to have repairs take longer than estimated on most anything, airplane, car, house, etc., but it has been almost 2 months since he started this thread, so it has been awhile. I wonder what progress, if any has been made other than to cash his check.

As for you test flying his airplane, why would that happen? Do you have the owners permission to do that, and will you be covered by his insurance? Is there any reason the owner cannot fly his own plane?
    I know when I had my plane at a shop, I wouldn't want someone else flying it unless I agreed to it in advance,and my insurance would not cover someone else unless they had 25 hours in same make and model. Maybe you own or have lot's of 210 time, I know I don't have that.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 02-09-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Bill, if you read post #5 from Mr Weatherald he is the one that brings up the shotgun. I hope that Firewall will also do what they have promised but when I see someone make a statement that could be construed as a threat against my friends I tend take it seriously. As far as test flying the plane goes even if I am not sitting in the left seat I go along for all the test flights due to the fact that I am a pilot and I was trained by Firewalls former test pilot to ovbserve how the engine operates and know what adjustment will be required to optimize its performance, I can also say that he was informed that there would be test flying involved when he signed the statement of work to have an engine overhaul and installation completed at Firewall. Reguardiing his insurance, I always talk to the owner about that prior to flying and if I am not covered by his insurance I don't fly the airplane. That said I have yet to not be covered by someones policy.
    Last edited by Fuelman; 02-09-2012 at 02:27 PM.

[QUOTE=Fuelman;10942] when I see someone make a statement that could be construed as a threat against my friends I tend take it seriously. QUOTE]

I guess you could take that as a threat if you have absolutely no sense of humor and i had absolutely no brains! Obviously if i was wanting to inflict real damage here i'd use the lawyer!!! Certainly i'd love to let a little salt buckshot fly around there and with this bungee cord they have me on i've earned it

Angry Firewall Forward disaster

Update: Just for full disclosure on my part, this overhaul started on August 16th when the plane C-F10T was delivered to the front door of FireWall Forward. The contract reads "shall be completed in a period of 21 to 37 days". The books and keys were handed over to Tom Lawson Sales Manager and he gave me the full tour of the shop and i met many of the employees.

That means that i should have recieved the aircraft back by September 7th to the 23rd! We are almost at 5 months. My vacation plans in Florida have been ruined over and above.

If anyone wants to call and offer anything please call 306-577-7416 or write me at weatherald@sasktel.net

FirewallForward Scam

If nothing else, those of us who have been scammed by these crooks should be doing something to get the word out to protect others.
    It is a tough call. I suppose like some, we are still hopeing to get something back from them. Although if we do, I'm just not sure I would trust their work
    since I know I can't trust their business ethics.

Gerry