Down to the wire: 2 weeks ago i flew down to KFNL in my old 210 and walked in the front door....

After several conversations in January on the phone with Mr. Josh Critchfield about the condition and progression throught the overhaul process of my engine, i was somewhat satisfied that if/when I went to FWF i might find an engine that was going to be alright. Zach Johnston (aka FuelMan in this post) wrote me an email and i returned his call. Zach peaked my intrest when he informed me that my engine was in paint. The trouble with his comments were that Josh had just told me that it was in the assembly shop with the crank, cam, and case all together and that they were putting jugs on and may have all 6 completed shortly!

Everything that i have been told from the people in this shop has been 100% BULLSHIT!!! and i walked in and saw this with my own 2 eyes. For starters, the crank case wasn't even on the property, the intercooler that i supposedly paid them to order wasn't ordered let alone there, the 6 new ECI cylinders weren't ordered and every significant part of the engine had been shipped out to have the work done. My engine was mostly just a bunch of nuts and bolts on a cart that hadn't been touched in months. To top all this off my aircraft has been sitting outside in the weather for 6 months. The deice boots have been weathering and the windshield hotplate crazing in the sun. I came to learn from the people on the airport that FWF doesn't own the hangar only leases and has lost most of its floor space in a renegotiation with the landlord. They are only left with room for 2 aircraft in back corners according to Josh. My $24,000 paid to make progress is gone in this Ponzi scheme and shell game.

I was provided with a number of invoices and i did make all the calls to these suppliers. Many were shocked by the story and have been wondering/concerned why my parts have been sitting on the shelves. Most said that they've had a good relationship with FWF and will be paid when UPS delivers as FWF has to pay to recieve the parts COD... Today Josh admitted that the ECI shipment was returned due to lack of funds and that he wants more time... Once again breaking his word that he would have me out of the shop on the 15th of march.... Anyone interested in meeting me there shortly? Call 1-306-577-7416 or e-mail weatherald@sasktel.net

As a friend pointed out "Beware the Ides of March". FAA?