Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems Dealing with The New Firewall Forward in Fort Collins, CO?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problems Dealing with The New Firewall Forward in Fort Collins, CO?

Hi all,

Is anyone else having issues with The New Firewall Forward?

I attended Airventure this year and entered the draw that FWF had at their booth. 2 days after i got a call that i had won the draw and was going to recieve an engine overhaul at cost. September 16th I flew the airplane down to them and work progressed. I funded them $10 grand to get work started and order parts including a new intercooler. To date (12/17/2011) they still haven't got the engine back together and many many phone calls have been left unanswered and not returned. I understand that they are in financial difficluty and working week to week keeping the shop going. HELP!

you might want to visit in person

Friend had similiar results when he "Won" at Sun-n-Fun.

I have had work done at Firewall in past years. I haven't been there recently, I hear that they have had some financial problems over the past few years ,like a lot of shops/
    Firewall in past years came from some of the folks that worked with Demars, who did very good overhauls and engine mods, often for acro and experimental planes.
    Where are you located? I am in Colorado and might be able to visit FNL in Jan. I also have a friend that hangars at FNL near there.
    I am not sure about all other shop practices, but I don't think it is normal to ask for $10,000 just start work. If they need your cash just to order any parts, that may unfortunately mean that their credit is bad and they can only order parts if they are paid for in cash. I am afraid that is a danger sign.
    Good luck. I am thinking about an overhaul next year myself.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 12-26-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks Bill! I'm somewhat familiar with their past and thats what convinced me to sign up. I liked what i saw in the shop when i arrived. They seemed busy and i counted 6 twins and a Glasair 4... many engines in crates. I couldn't imagine them not having work at the time. I'd love to just drop by but i'm in Saskatchewan Canada and its not just that easy to pick up and go... but if that is what it take i will. I was hoping that someone in the neighborhood might answer this post and be at least able to give me a report that they are open and people are still around working. I'll give you a call. THanks!

D W.
    I found a little info on Firewall, actually my friend was there last week. Not many specifics, but they still seem to have the doors open at least, and in business in some form.
    Phone me and we can talk about it some more. The best time to get me is after dinner, but you can try anytime, except real early morning.

Angry problems

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hartwick View Post
    Friend had similiar results when he "Won" at Sun-n-Fun.
    Did he eventually get things done? What kind of quality did he get and what did it take? I'm thinking of 2 options right now... Lawyer (costly) and shotgun (timely).

Quote Originally Posted by D Weatherald View Post
    Did he eventually get things done? What kind of quality did he get and what did it take? I'm thinking of 2 options right now... Lawyer (costly) and shotgun (timely).
    I'll send you a PM with his number, he will be glad to speak with you

D W, as of this morning Tue, there is a Cessna 210 parked outside the hangar without an engine on it. It has Canadian registration, CFI etc. and has been there for awhile. There are some men working in the hangar.

I have been a customer and had my engine overhauled at The New Firewall forward this past Sept 2011 and just now comming forward with my opinion, hopefully to help others. DON'T TAKE YOUR ENGINE THERE (Unless you wan't to risk TNFF closing their doors in bankruptcy and trapping your engine/plane for years as litigation winds it way through the courts. Most everything I've seen posted on the net from sources EAA & other wbsites has happened to me. I feel lucky to have gotton my plane back, however the engine runs fine except for the oil leaks. I've had similar problems and cannot dispute any of the negative posts I've read. I'm not going to post any of my problems as others have already done a surperb job in depictiing all the lies & deceptions. Yes, I have contacted an attorney & the FAA about my problems with them. Just read all the blogs and believe that what was posted is there to help you. Again, in my opinion, it will be one of the biggest mistakes of your life to do business with The New Firewass Forward in Ft. Collins.