Thread: Day 7 of 9 is done

Day 7 of 9 is done

But as expected.. NO Jeri Ryan-lol

The crowds were good. Still plenty of planes on the grounds, superb COOL weather, low humidity, with lots of sunshine. Goodyear's newest airship continues to make circles overhead. My tram driver Karl and I worked the Yellow route for the first time. Terrific audience and venue in which to make a nice tight info and comedy set for me - lol

Some observations - the North Yellow-Red tram terminal needs to be redesigned to match the layout of the South Yellow-Blue tram terminal so that passengers do not have to cross over an active turning lane to get from one to the other. Why they changed the logic trail for the north one is beyond my meager cypherin' capabilities. But IMHO it is just begging for an accident or injury due to its poor design.

Both the North and South tram terminals also NEED a couple Porta-Potties for volunteers' use. It is not at all convenient to have to hike away from the tram terminals when a facility nearby would easily accommodate a simple quick pause in the tram process. The lack of a Porta-John is especially an issue on the Yellow route. Blue and Red each have a few locations along their route for a quick pit stop when nature calls.

And as we have asked/begged for EVERY year for years, SIMPLE & CLEAR SIGNAGE needs to be created for the tram routes. You know, like signs in each terminal saying WHERE and in WHICH DIRECTION each tram is going. For our confused attendees those ARE the top two questions tram staff get asked all day long, every day.

And at 7:45 this evening, all the power went off in this town. I dunno why.

So before my laptop battery dies I'll finish up this and hope power restores so I can post it over the motel's wifi network. And YAY! power came back on at 10:00p.m.

So as I always do -

"My girlfriend has been on this new banana/ coconut diet. She eats only bananas and coconuts. She hasn't lost any weight yet, but WOW can she climb a tree."

plus

"My idiot brother fell into an upholstery machine yesterday. We were all worried for a while, but he's fully recovered now."

and at last

"May I ask a small favor? If you see me jogging later today? Please kill whatever is chasing me."

buh-bye
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 07-30-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I took the blue line today. Why not put a stop at Jerry's corner? The tram has to stop there anyway. I also don't get the yellow line...it's so short and then if you want to get the warbirds you have to change trams again. How about keeping the change station by the tower, for the blue and red lines, ahd have the yellow line go to the bus park? What is the purpose of the yellow line as it is this year?

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleOne View Post
    I took the blue line today. Why not put a stop at Jerry's corner? The tram has to stop there anyway. I also don't get the yellow line...it's so short and then if you want to get the warbirds you have to change trams again. How about keeping the change station by the tower, for the blue and red lines, ahd have the yellow line go to the bus park? What is the purpose of the yellow line as it is this year?
    Jerry's corner can't be more than a block from the tram stop. Definitely do need a stop at vintage though on Wittman.

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleOne View Post
    IMHO as a long serving tram conductor, the Stop sign at "Jerry's Corner" is a constantly congested vehicle and pedestrian traffic area and letting people on/off the trams there would be a nightmare. As was mentioned the actually very well laid out Yellow/Blue terminal is very close by to the West. I fully agree that losing the Green run to the Bus Park, which is now just about a block from the new Yellow/Red terminal is a disappointment to our attendees, but some of the grief is lessened by the school bus shuttle to the Bus Park now available at the new Yellow/Blue terminal school bus area just outside the Pedestrian Gate Arch.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln