Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noise Pollution and Aircraft Camping

I had trouble getting to sleep my first night in HBC. Lots of foot traffic, noise from various sources, noise on the road nearby, etc. I figured all of it predated my attendance by a long time, so maybe I should adapt rather than get upset about it. A pair of foam earplugs worked just fine.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

I wasn't told there would be debauchery. If there's an inspection team forming let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by L-188 View Post
    I wasn't told there would be debauchery.
    I believe debauchers are on runway 18 whenever possible . . .

Soft green ones are the best. (I'm talking about earplugs, what did you think I meant?) -Frank

I’m in homebuilt camping right now (Tuesday night) and for the life of me I can not understand why this one simple week can not be as totally perfect as the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ssteve1 View Post
    I’m in homebuilt camping right now (Tuesday night) and for the life of me I can not understand why this one simple week can not be as totally perfect as the rest of my life.
    You're in HBC at Oshkosh. How could it possibly be any more perfect? OK, I guess you probably don't have the Swedish bikini team bringing breakfast to your tent every morning, but you probably don't have that the rest of the time anyway.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    You're in HBC at Oshkosh. How could it possibly be any more perfect? OK, I guess you probably don't have the Swedish bikini team bringing breakfast to your tent every morning, but you probably don't have that the rest of the time anyway.
    I'm making pancakes as fast as I can, be patient. The girls are recovering from a night at the beer tent.

I too had trouble sleeping but that's part of Oshkosh. As long as people are having fun I'll deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Franck View Post
    I figured Sunday night I could go to bed early.....nope, not happening. Layed on my cot wide awake becasue of what was going on at the Theater in the Woods (and why do thay call it a "theater" anyway?) and the Fly-In Theater that went on and on until 11:30. Really?? I guess I'm just getting old and cranky.
    Top Gun was particularly loud, but didn't hear any other movies. Ear plugs really do help.

I cannot believe I am reading this! I guess we ALL should have stayed home and watched OSH on our computers. I'm surprised that their is not a thread for Noise Abatement, or Low Flying Airplanes, or even B-17s flying over head making unusual noises. Come on FOLKS Grow UP and have a Good Time! Have FUN for crying out loud! If you cant handle the noise Don't Come and stay home and play with your money!!!