Thread: Airventure ground conditions

Airventure ground conditions

Anyone have a report on how the grounds are at OSH? I saw there was a super heavy rain event last week and some lighter rain since then. Is it starting to get sloshy, or are things okay?

I’m not there yet unfortunately but this note is still on the Camp Scholler page. Should be fully open now.

Camp Scholler

Because of the substantial rains in the Oshkosh area on Wednesday night, July 14, we’re limiting entrance to Camp Scholler for the next 24-48 hours. That will allow the ground to dry and avoid damage to the facilities and to incoming camping units.

If you’ve planned on arriving at Camp Scholler on Thursday and Friday, July 15-16, you may be held on the entrance ramp or located in temporary sites until all campsites become available. That full opening is currently projected for Saturday morning, July 17, when we’ll be ready to fully welcome you to the campground! Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for the update! Any news on aircraft camping (North 40, Vintage, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gleason View Post
    Anyone have a report on how the grounds are at OSH? I saw there was a super heavy rain event last week and some lighter rain since then. Is it starting to get sloshy, or are things okay?
    My family and I were up there Sunday to stake off our spot in Camp Scholler, overall it was very dry in most areas, some really low spots had mud, but it's been dry since then so I'm guessing it's only getting better, there's a few isolated/scattered rain/storms forecast later this week and next week, but nothing significant as of yet. Looks good!

I’ve been working down there and the grounds are dry. No one is being held from entering. The last rain event was last week. Isolated t-storms for tomorrow but nothing like we got hit with last week.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun