This story starts in Nov 2017. I purchased a damaged C150L that had been de-registered. I didn't know it at the time, but the de-registration was because it was listed as "scrapped/destroyed". I have been dealing with the FAA registration branch since Dec. 2017. In Jan 2018 they told me that I needed to supply photos of the assembled "whole and complete" airplane before it can be registered. I continued with work on the airplane in order to reach a point of photo submission. In June 2021 the photos were submitted. Today (7-17) I received a letter confirming a review of the photo packet. However, registration is still denied because of a new FAA order 81200.19, that became effective in Oct 2018 stating that I must work with a FDSO. DER, or ACO to come up with plan to "prepare an approved repair scheme" and submit it before the airplane can be registered.

NOW ...... it's a little late for that ! I feel that I should have been informed of the new requirement 2 1/2 yrs. ago. It would have worked much better that way. It is apparently one of those bureaucracy things where they forget that you exist until you contact them with the last set of their instructions.

Gasp /wheeze / pant ........... has anyone out there dealt with a similar problem and able to give an exasperated airplane owner some advise ???

Yes, I will be calling the locals and OK City.

Thanks