Thread: Dorm Rooms for AirVenture 2024

Dorm Rooms for AirVenture 2024

The University is having money issues and they changed the dorm room reservation process.

I had my request for reservation in during the first hour that reservation requests were being taken. I and everyone I know got "waitlisted" and are suppose to be contacted in the future. I cannot find anyone that has been confirmed for a room.

Does anyone know WHEN the University will reach out with confirmation and request for payment?

I am starting to look at other options and most of them have me by-passing AirVenture 2024. I would spend the time and money flying someplace else. AirVenture 2023 may have been the last one for me.
    Gary A. Sobek
    EAA Lifetime Member
    A&P, Homebuilder, Pilot

When once you have tasted flight,
    you will forever walk the earth
    with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been,
    and there you will always long to return.
    - Leonardo da Vinci

I'm a "motel" attendee, but what did the University say when you called them?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I have one AC room. I was looking for a suite.

The reservation system is terrible. I have complained many times. Service is going to hell.

Anyway, to answer your question, the waitlist is worked on in June when the payments are due. This is when some people cancel, when the money is due.

Quote Originally Posted by PJZajkowski View Post
    I have one AC room. I was looking for a suite.

The reservation system is terrible. I have complained many times. Service is going to hell.

Anyway, to answer your question, the waitlist is worked on in June when the payments are due. This is when some people cancel, when the money is due.
    You are the first person to report that they actually got a reservation.
    Gary A. Sobek
    EAA Lifetime Member
    A&P, Homebuilder, Pilot

When once you have tasted flight,
    you will forever walk the earth
    with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been,
    and there you will always long to return.
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Gary.Sobek View Post
    You are the first person to report that they actually got a reservation.
    A friend jumped on the first day and got a confirmed non-AC room. I tried a day or two later and got wait-listed for an AC room. Like you, if the dorm doesn't come through, 2023 may have been my last Oshkosh.
    Regards,
    Greg Young
    1950 Navion N5221K
    RV-6 N6GY - first flight 5/16/2021
    1940 Rearwin Cloudster in work
    4 L-2 projects on deck

I assume you are talking about UW-Oshkosh. The lodging page does show 3 other schools offering dorm rooms.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Gary.Sobek View Post
    The University is having money issues and they changed the dorm room reservation process. ...
    Would you expand on this, please. Are they short of employees to process requests, or manage the large number of attendees during the convention...?

I have used the U of W's dorms on all of the five occasions that I attended (2013, '15, '19, '22 & '23)and found the process to be efficient and hassle-free. I hope that it hasn't been ruined by cost-cutting.