Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aircraft camping shower locations

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've camped in HBC before but I didn't recall the Homebuilders Pavillion. It looks like HBC will have nice showers close to camping so that's likely where I'll be with the Titan. Still not sure about Ultralight/vintage facilities but it doesn't matter.

FWIW the HBC Pavilion and shower areas are a stop on the new Purple Tram route.

"A new PURPLE Route will run the loop through Homebuilt Aircraft Camping along the airport service road, from Gallatin Ave. near Aviation Gateway Park to the North 40 entrance. This route will operate ONLY during high-demand times (8-11 a.m. and 3-7 p.m.)."
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Purple route seems to be the path the red line took when heading back south last year (which was confusing to a lot of people when it didn't just U-turn at the North 40 like all the other trams). I predict the yellow tram to be about the most useless thing ever. The last time the tram turn-around between B and Scholler was used it was a complete disaster for both the trams and pedestrians.

You are correct, in 2019 they changed Red on Day 2 to make the 'big loop' on every run. This year I'm 'assuming' the powers-that-be felt that 11-3 was a dead time when very few riders would be present back at HBC. so no Purple then? I dunno, I'm but a lowly tram conductor and I goes where the tractor drags me - lol

Randy, I predict the yellow will be the training run this year like Green was in past years. New drivers will get to experience heavy foot traffic. My concern will be people jumping off at the old vintage stop as we make the slow corner before Subway stand.

I'm predicting non-stop tram 'paratroopers' of all ages at that turn. Also, due to the new increased length of Blue? I predict large numbers of 'unhappy' folks at tram stops watching nothing but full trams go by. Losing that terminal by the Hangar Cafe I believe is going to come back and bite us as our savvy guests climb onboard at the new bus/tram terminal for a dandy round-trip slow journey out to past the Ultralights and back, never leaving their seats. But we shall know for certain in 10 days.

Wishing for the good old days where common sense was the rule there.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    Wishing for the good old days where common sense was the rule there.
    Having one-tenth as many people there probably helped....

Ron Wanttaja

The Homebuilder's pavilion was built before the 2017 show. For the 2016 show, the HB pavilion was a big red and white tent canopy in the current pavilion location. Prior to that there were a few small canopies set up along the south edge of HBC and the shower house was a rickety 4 stall trailer. A far step below of what we have now.
    Last edited by steve; 07-16-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Having one-tenth as many people there probably helped....
    It's been quite some time since there was one tenth of the attendance. The show had more attendees back in the 80's. I think it peaked around 1990.