Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aircraft camping shower locations

aircraft camping shower locations

Is there a map available that shows the locations of the portable trailer showers in the aircraft camping areas (homebuilt and ultralight/vintage in particular)? As I recall in the past, there was one on the south side of homebuilt camping, one south of the ultralight strip, and one up near the vintage hangar, but I can't find a current map the verifies this, or if they have moved.

The bottom map shows the shower locations -

https://www.eaa.org/-/media/Files/Ai...Map-Final.ashx
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

It’s not depicted on the map, but for the past 2 years in HBC, they’ve had an additional shower trailer on the far south side of HBC approximately where they have a bike parking icon on the map just to the left of the “ EAA Aviation Gateway Park”.
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 07-13-2021 at 08:26 PM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I don't believe that the map is accurate. It shows no showers for the entire Vintage/ultralight area but I know in the past there were at least 2 locations there.

The map is not perfect. It has had omissions and other incorrect info over the years. The grounds change from year to year so it’s a tough job to keep up. Consider it a guide vs gospel, you’ll be a lot happier in the long run.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

There is a permanent shower building up near the theatre in the woods. There are now the two yellow "smoke jumper" shower trailers adjacent to the Hangar Cafe as in past years. I suspect there will, as in the past, be an additional shower trailer down south of the amphib area (I could have someone check that out for you if you really need to know, we've got people on site already).

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    The map is not perfect. It has had omissions and other incorrect info over the years. The grounds change from year to year so it’s a tough job to keep up. Consider it a guide vs gospel, you’ll be a lot happier in the long run.
    I believe you're answering my question be restating my question. I realize the map is inaccurate, that is the reason for the question in the first place. I have the choice this year of flying into the ultralight strip to camp, or to HBC. There are good and bad to each area, including the location of showers. Knowing the shower locations would be a contributing factor in my decision as to where to camp.

There was a yellow trailer up on the west end of HBC last show. My spies haven't been up that far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    There was a yellow trailer up on the west end of HBC last show. My spies haven't been up that far this year.
    The main HBC showers are at the West end beside the pavilion. Two trailers in recent years plus the one Todd mentioned at the South edge of HBC, across the drainage ditch from the "main" HBC parking area.

This vid from last weekend shows the 2 western shower trailers in HBC. Go to the 4:11 mark for the HBC segment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3R7NrEtkzg
    Last edited by steve; 07-14-2021 at 08:00 PM.