PDA

View Full Version : Can't download new version of Solidworks

Peter Anson
07-29-2020, 09:18 PM
I uninstalled 2019 Solidworks but when I try to download the new version I get the following error message:

The source folder is not versioned properly: C:\Users\Peter Anson\Downloads. If you copied this folder manually, you may have forgotten to copy the swdata99.id or swdata1.id files which identify the version of a download or DVD folder, respectively; or the file could not be written

It looks to me like there is something hanging around from the old version that is preventing me from downloading but I don't speak computereez so don't really know what this means. I did have an earlier error message about an older version of Toolbox so tried deleting that folder so now I arrive at the new error message.

Cory Puuri
07-30-2020, 10:54 AM
Uninstalling and reinstalling should fix that problem although it may take a couple tries.

tsparker99
10-22-2020, 06:01 PM
Uninstalling and reinstalling should fix that problem although it may take a couple tries.

Is uninstalling and reinstalling the only path to update our student version of the software to the latest version? I would like to update to the latest version for some of the new sheet metal functions in 2021 version.

Todd Parker

Cory Puuri
11-05-2020, 03:04 PM
Is uninstalling and reinstalling the only path to update our student version of the software to the latest version? I would like to update to the latest version for some of the new sheet metal functions in 2021 version.

Todd Parker

Yes. The version of the software aligns with the serial numbers we use.

gwb
06-10-2021, 09:49 AM
My version states 2020-2021. I installed in May 0f 2021. About Solidworks tab in the Help Dropdown shows it as SW2020. Does it update automatically to 2021 or do I have to go through the process again by requesting a new setup?

Thank you for any info.

Respectfully,

gwb