PDA

View Full Version : Field webcams

n3pup
07-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Ok, so I don't know what I am doing. I got to the field webcams but when I "click" on the different locations all I get is a box outlined in black and a little red "x" in the uper left corner. I figure it must be a picture format problem but how do I fix it on my computer? Thanks

Chad Jensen
07-21-2011, 08:43 PM
What media player are you using? I had a problem earlier today, and fixed it with a plug in that was missing.

n3pup
07-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi Chad. all I know is that I am using a HP tower with Windows 7. I usually have no trouble viewing any pictures or videos - I just click and view. As I said I am dumb about thewe things specially I don't have anyone (teenager) to train me.

Ian Heritch
07-22-2011, 08:36 PM
So, what do the Mac, iPad and iPhone folks do?

Just saying!

spongebobiwan
07-22-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm on an iMac (OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8) and I'm watching the cams using either Firefox version 5.0.1 and Flip4Mac version 2.3.8.1 plus QuickTime Player version 10.0, or Safari version 5.05 and Flip4Mac version 2.3.8.1 plus QuickTime Player version 10.0. Either of these combinations will work.

However, I will caution anybody on a Mac regarding the new Safari version 5.1, that apparently there is some problem (translated CONFLICT) with the newest Safari version (5.1) and Flip4Mac. I jumped the gun and downloaded and installed the new Safari yesterday, and suddenly the Safari/Flip4Mac/QuickTime Player no longer worked. Fortunately for me, I regularly clone my hard drive on a USB drive and still had the old version of Safari there, so I was able to re-clone my main drive from that drive and once again have the older version of Safari on my main drive. I was not able to remove the new Safari and re-install an older version on my main drive, thus I had to do the re-clone thingie.

Now I'm back to where I was yesterday before updating to the new Safari with a choice of either Safari or Firefox. :D