PDA

View Full Version : Ultralights to Airventure 2011 from Canada

Harish
07-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey fellow pilots! I so excited and looking forward to being part of this magnificent event! I have driven to AV2005 but this time around I will be flying in in my own advanced ultralight, an X Air 2-seat high wing powered by HKS700E 60 up 2 stroke 4 cylinder engine. I will begin my 600+mile journey from a lovely grass strip (Juergenson Field -CPG7) in southern Ontario, Canada! Any one else flying an ultralight or homebuilt from Ontario??

Harish
07-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Anyone flying an ultralight from MI, IN or IL To KOSH?

Harish
07-23-2011, 03:27 AM
I am all set to commence the first leg of my flght to KOSH - Fergus (CPG7), Ontario to St. Clair County (KPHN), MI. However, the weather along the route is not suitable for our kind of flying at this time - low celings, mist, light rain :(
It is likely to clear out by 1200Z...will update!

rosiejerryrosie
07-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Best of luck on your adventure. Please do keep us updated....

Harish
07-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Best of luck on your adventure. Please do keep us updated.... Thanks, Jerry!I am almost half way there now. Hangers for the night in Valparaiso, Indiana - Porter County (VPZ). My flight so far has been absolutely marvelous! The air controllers along the way have been very friendly and helpful. FBOs at Port Huron (KPHN), Livingston County (OZW) and Porter County (VPZ) were extremely helpful. All these stops had friendly EAA fellow members who had set up food booths!! All in all it's been an amazing trip so far. Imhope to be back in the air at 0630 local time tomorrow morning. If all goes well, I hope to be in KOSH on Tuesday morning.

Hal Bryan
07-25-2011, 06:17 AM
We'll be ready for you! Safe travels!

Harish
07-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks, Hal! I actually made some good time and now am 50 miles South of OSH, at Hartford Municipal! Will commence last leg once the airshow is over! Looking forward to meeting you all!HarishC-IVVR X-Air with HKS700e

rosiejerryrosie
07-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Way to go, man, way to go! Major congrats! (cyber handshake)

Harish
07-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Landed at OSH 7pm local time! It was a moving experience - almost 12hrs of flying and more than 600 miles covered! Was exhausted but still managed to catch 'Top Gun' at the Theatre in the Woods! Looking forward to a fun-packed week! I am camping 'under the wing' in the ultralight area - look for a blue/yellow X Air - C-IVVR.

Joe Delene
07-27-2011, 04:37 AM
Glad you made it. Have a great time & keep an eye on the weather the next few days.

Harish
07-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks, Joe. Yes, it's really bad today - has been raining sinceEarly morning. Had some respite but the clouds are back.

Harish
07-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Friends - I landed safely at my home airstrip at 1915 EDT on Saturday, July 30. On my way back, I decided to fly the northern route so as to take advantage of some good weather, beautiful scenery and most importantly tailwinds!!

I left OSH on Friday, July 29 in the evening at about 1800CDT and flew for a couple of hours to MNM (Menominee) where I spent the night. I resumed my journey the next day at about 0800 CDT and flew for more than 7 hours to my home airport - CPG7 (Juergenson Field) in Ontario, Canada.
Fuelling stops along the way included ESC (Escanaba), ISC (Manistique) and CIU (Chippewa) before crossing the border in to Canada and landing at YZE (Gore-Bay Manitoulin) for customs and immigration. The flight between CIU and YZE was mostly over water, which was a little unnerving at first before I settled in. I flew at 5000ft all along. Although it was cold, I got the best tailwinds at this height. I flew the last leg between YZE and my home airstrip (CPG7) non-stop! It was nice to see familiar surroundings and my family and fellow pilots when I landed.

I made new friends and met some very amazing people on the way and back, and at OSH. The volunteers in the Ultralight area and the Barn were just awesome, always there to help when needed. And always with a big smile! All in all, it was the most wonderful trip that I have made in my X Air.

The airplane (X Air Standard) and engine (HKS700e) performed flawlessly along the entire trip. I burnt 100LL and changed oil at OSH.

Thank you for being part of this amazing experience.
Until next time, Harish Jadeja signing off.

Harish
07-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Friends - I landed safely at my home airstrip at 1915 EDT on Saturday, July 30. On my way back, I decided to fly the northern route so as to take advantage of some good weather, beautiful scenery and most importantly tailwinds!!

I left OSH on Friday, July 29 in the evening at about 1800CDT and flew for a couple of hours to MNM (Menominee) where I spent the night. I resumed my journey the next day at about 0800 CDT and flew for more than 7 hours to my home airport - CPG7 (Juergenson Field) in Ontario, Canada.
Fuelling stops along the way included ESC (Escanaba), ISC (Manistique) and CIU (Chippewa) before crossing the border in to Canada and landing at YZE (Gore-Bay Manitoulin) for customs and immigration. The flight between CIU and YZE was mostly over water, which was a little unnerving at first before I settled in. I flew at 5000ft all along. Although it was cold, I got the best tailwinds at this height. I flew the last leg between YZE and my home airstrip (CPG7) non-stop! It was nice to see familiar surroundings and my family and fellow pilots when I landed.

I made new friends and met some very amazing people on the way and back, and at OSH. The volunteers in the Ultralight area and the Barn were just awesome, always there to help when needed. And always with a big smile! All in all, it was the most wonderful trip that I have made in my X Air.

The airplane (X Air Standard) and engine (HKS700e) performed flawlessly along the entire trip. I burnt 100LL and changed oil at OSH.

Thank you for being part of this amazing experience.
Until next time, Harish Jadeja signing off

Timm Bogenhagen
08-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Harish,
Congrats on your adventure flying to AirVenture. Looking forward to seeing you and your plane in Oshkosh 2012. Here is a pic of your beautiful X-AIR being pushed back from the flightline.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/305925_236968279672396_117868041582421_566427_7207 612_n.jpg