PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like to pre-heat your water cooled engine?

WendellsWorld
11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Greetings ... I'm a manufacture of an engine heater originally designed to pre-heat race car engines while sitting in the pitts (before starting).
It is a "tankless" water heater with a circulating pump that plugs into a common 110v outlet and has been on the market and well proven since 2009 and sold over the internet thruout the USA (110v) and in Australia & New Zealand (240v).
It would be ideal to pre-heat any watercooled aircraft engine that has access to a 110v outlet, as it could be hooked up and running while doing your pre-flight exam, (you can stand on it while it's running as it's a stepstool). Not only making starting easier, but saving time on you hobbs meter waiting to warmup before flight.
The most common way to hook up is by a check valve in the lower radiator hose, and I now have developed an "aircraft" radiator hose valve for a 3/4" or a 1" (Rotax) hose.
I'm looking for someone to hookup my heater to their aircraft and report on performance (with pictures for my website). Note: only the valve stays on your plane, the heater stays in the hanger. ..... Could be used on several planes (one heater ... several valves).
More info on my website www.TheEngineHeater.com (http://www.TheEngineHeater.com) Anyone interested?

Wendell ph 636-222-2000 Email wendellsworld@yahoo.com