PDA

View Full Version : Favicon?

rwanttaja
01-14-2018, 06:41 PM
This is a pretty low-grade complaint, but: Is there any way EAA can get a "Favicon" for the Forum page?

The Favicon is used by many browsers to do custom icons, when you view or bookmark a page. Here's some examples:
http://www.wanttaja.com/icon_demo.jpg

Note in the tab, how the main EAA site has the EAA image, but the forum page just has the stock Vbulletin one.

Ron Wanttaja

Sam Oleson
01-15-2018, 09:26 AM
Hi Ron, it should now be showing an EAA logo for the EAA Forums page, not the stock Vbulletin one. Thanks for letting us know!

Anymouse
01-15-2018, 09:26 AM
I've been hoping they would update the emoticons since this board was created.

rwanttaja
01-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Hi Ron, it should now be showing an EAA logo for the EAA Forums page, not the stock Vbulletin one. Thanks for letting us know!

Interesting...I see the new icon in Internet Explorer on the desktop, but not Firefox or any of my mobile devices. Probably a cache thing at my end.

Thanks!

Ron Wanttaja

rwanttaja
01-16-2018, 10:46 AM
I've been hoping they would update the emoticons since this board was created.

We need a little nuclear cloud. :-)

Ron "In Before the Lock!" Wanttaja

Kyle Boatright
01-16-2018, 01:34 PM
We need a little nuclear cloud. :-)

You're a bad person, but you already know that. Right? ;-)

rwanttaja
01-16-2018, 04:57 PM
You're a bad person, but you already know that. Right? ;-)

You're right, that was real inconsiderate of me. This being EAA, we're expected to DIY. http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pilot_nuke.gif

Ron "Where's Tom Lehrer When We Need Him?" Wanttaja

lnuss
01-17-2018, 07:58 AM
Interesting...I see the new icon in Internet Explorer on the desktop, but not Firefox or any of my mobile devices. Probably a cache thing at my end.

Thanks!

Ron Wanttaja

It shows up fine in Firefox 32.0...

rwanttaja
01-17-2018, 09:52 AM
It shows up fine in Firefox 32.0...

It really appears to be a cache thing. When I switch to a Private Browser in Firefox 57.0.4, the favicon shows.

Edit: Well, THAT'S interesting. I logged out, went to another page, then came back. The new icon showed. I logged in, and the icon went back to the vBulletin default.

In any case, the problem is very obviously at my end.

Ron Wanttaja