PDA

View Full Version : Eaa member hangar use on cross countries

jraddison
11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Hello, I'm not a "leader" at chapter 617 in Prineville, OR. But, I input nonetheless.

Last summer I was doing extensive crosscountry and made some direct pleas to a few chapters to solicit overnight hangar space for my Lancair 360. The response was generally warm and helpful. However, there is no conduit of communication set up in the chapters. It appears many members have space they would loan free to fellow members while on cross country. If chapters could "sign up" with a contact.... it could really catch on and benefit members a great deal.

The biggest threat to us seems to be thunder storms and the associated high winds and/or HAIL!!

For example I could accommodate a small home built in my hangar overnight. In addition there are several t-hangars available for a modest cost... how would someone know this??.... if it was on our chapter directory web sites some place it would become known to those that inquired directly to the chapter person.

Thanks!

Jack Addison jraddison@msn.com cell 541-419-2502

malexander
11-26-2011, 06:42 AM
I like the RV Hotel that Doug Reeves has set up on VAF. It would be neat if we had something similar to that on here. Pretty much be open to everyone.
I live in Oklahoma City on an airpark & have room for a couple of airplanes in my hangar for an overnight or two stay.

Marshall Alexander

Ernie
11-26-2011, 07:37 PM
What a great idea. As someone who likes to fly X-Ctry in a Waco, hangar space is always an issue for me. I hate tying down outside, especially in hot weather. And HAIL is a killer for most. At KMBT recently, a freak, unforecast storm damaged quite a few airplanes during a university flight team regional meet. MTSU's Diamonds were all grounded until Diamond was able to inspect and/or repair them. Several visiting airplanes required ferry permits to get home, and a few had to stay and wait for repairs.

Ernie