PDA

View Full Version : The system won't remember my login

Bill Barker
11-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Apparently sometime in the past, I have set my browser security to "Always Block" the appropriate cookie from you that will allow you to remember my login.
I have searched my Blocked Cookies to find one that appears to be from you, but I can't find anything obvious.
What is the name of the cookie that you are trying to send me & I'll unblock it.

Thank you.

Bill

Hal Bryan
11-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Hi Bill -

The name of the cookie is just <username>@eaaforums.org, where <username> is your computer's username, not your forum username.

Cheers -

Hal

Bill Barker
11-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Hal,
Thanks for the try, but no luck.
My system was already set to "Always Accept" all cookies from eaaforums.org.
Even if I do as little as close the EAA Forum page and go back to Oshkosh 365, I have to re-login to EAA Forums when I go back.
I guess I'll just live with it.
Bill

Bill Ladd
11-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Bill -- When I open the forums from my bookmarks, it appears as if I'm not logged in, but when I click the "New Posts" tab, voila, there I am, all logged in and nice.

I'm not computer savvy enough to know what's up with that. Imagine it's an issue with the forum software and my browser of choice (Firefox).

Try clicking new posts when you first open up and see what that gives.

Hal Bryan
11-15-2011, 08:19 AM
And Bill ... I hate to ask, but I have to: you are checking the "Remember Me" box when you first login, correct?

FlyingRon
11-15-2011, 04:06 PM
For some reason going to www.eaaforums.org seems to ignore the cookie. Clicking ONCE on the "forums" tag at the top of the page gets things to load properly (you can see the link directly beneath it switch from TODAY'S POSTS to NEW POSTS.

I've never seen a vbulletin site other than this one with that problem.

Hal Bryan
11-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Good catch, Ron - if you would, try going straight to http://eaaforums.org (without the www prefix) - I'm betting you'll get in without the (apparent) "ignored cookie" behavior.

Definitely something for us to look into on our end.

Apteryx
11-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Same problem I've been having. Tried it without the <www> and that seems to have fixed it.
Thanks,
Paul

Bill Barker
11-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Hal,
Ever since a tech support guy asked me to check and see if my non functioning printer was plugged in, I accept all troubleshooting questions without becoming indignant over the obvious ones. Yes, I did check the "Remember me?" box, by the way.
Thanks to all the other ideas as well. I now believe that the problem is in my setup. Even though I have switched the internet options to not delete browsing history on exit and save all files for 60 days, the cookie still dissappears on exiting the browser.
I have another pressing matter for the next few days, so I'll get back to figuring out "my" problem after a bit.
Bill

Hal Bryan
11-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Same problem I've been having. Tried it without the <www> and that seems to have fixed it.
Thanks,
Paul

We're trying a settings change today that hopefully should resolve this problem, so if you get a second, please give it another try.

However, I know of one (hopefully isolated?!?) case where the change prevented someone from logging in until they deleted the EAAForums.org cookie, after which all was well.

We'll be watching things closely today.

FlyingRon
11-16-2011, 02:30 PM
That appears to have fixed my issue--oops...spoke too soon, it's still failing.

Bill Barker
11-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Hal,
Don't feel too bad, the Earthlink Web Mail system forgets me while I'm using it!
Bill

Bill Ladd
11-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Cleared my history and deleted the cookie. Seems to be working now.