PDA

View Full Version : Those New Colors

Bill Greenwood
11-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Hal, I think I've got those new forum colors figured out!
EAA being sort of close to Minnesota made me think of the Golden Gophers,at first.
But now I see that the colors are really like the Aspen leaves as the change when Fall arrives before winter; first yellow, then brown.

Hal Bryan
11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
That's quite poetic, Bill! :)

But I'm not sure I like following the analogy to its logical conclusion, where all the leaves die and fall to the ground... Seems like we've done that with a forum site once before ... ;)

Bill Greenwood
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
But Hal, after the leaves fall to the ground, the snow comes as it has now, and the ground is a beautiful clean white, and soon all the bright colors of ski outfits come out.
Anyway, the site seems to be working well, whatever the colors is.

Hal Bryan
11-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Well put, Bill - and thanks!

danielfindling
11-11-2011, 09:19 AM
This is just a hunch. . .

https://news.google.com/news/tbn/UN465dca-TMJ

Hal Bryan
11-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Hmm...

What if I told you that the Marketing guy who chose the new, official EAA yellow was actually from Arkansas? :)

Bill Greenwood
11-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Daniel, are you getting any shares from the public offering that the Packers are having, think it might be today?
Years ago, in the glory days of Jerry Kramer, Bart Star, and Jim Taylor, I saw Green Bay defeat the Cowboys in Dallas. Even though I grew up in Texas, I was always a Packer fan, not the Cowboys.

Anymouse
11-11-2011, 10:15 AM
I always thought the color was Super Cub Yellow. ;)

danielfindling
11-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Hmm...What if I told you that the Marketing guy who chose the new, official EAA yellow was actually from Arkansas? :) If the Arkansas marketing guy was trying to impress the Wisconsinites (after all he undoubtably would have chosen blue and silver if he had any taste). (as an aside, who would imagine I could buy a ticket to space on a plane designed by an eaa member before the Detroit lions played in a Superbowl?). Go lions! Er. Hiccup.

Frank Giger
11-20-2011, 05:31 AM
I always thought the color was Super Cub Yellow. ;)

And I thought it was the Classic Champ yellow!

:P

Bill Greenwood
11-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Hal, after thinking about it for a few months, I am almost sure that I have got it figured out now.
EAA wanted to go big time with the decor for this new site. So they decided to hire a professional designer. The told him or her that any color was ok,just try to be something new with some shock value.
So the new guy looked around in many venues to find something strange, that would break tradition and that would get folks attention.
He found the Boise State football program.
Am I right?
Have a great holiday weekend.
Our mountains have snow and I just went skiing with a good EAA pilot friend yesterday here.