PDA

View Full Version : Forum Access

Ot1
08-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Hi EAA web developer,

I had visited the EAA.org site for the past few years, always wondering why there was no EAA forum, pondering how great would that be! Recently I started to receive emails from EAA and low and behold down at the bottom of the letter there was mention about the forum, I clicked and WOW just what had hoped for really existed.

My complaint is...why isn't there a button or link on the www.EAA.org main page to make people aware of this elusive on-line forum If you do a search for a forum on the page it only lists in-person type forums that were featured during the Fly In.

Glory Aulik
08-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Hello and welcome!

The Forums can be accessed from EAA.org by clicking Education and Resources --> Discussion Forums.

Thanks!

Ot1
08-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Hello and welcome!

The Forums can be accessed from EAA.org by clicking Education and Resources --> Discussion Forums.

Thanks!

Glory...I must be blind...

jbswindle
11-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Anybody in EAA IT ever heard of single signon? Seems silly to have a separate log in from that of the main site (I had single signon on an intranet web site that used corporate Exchange and Active Directory - it wasn't hard to implement and it's pretty clear that the main EAA site is Microsoft). If, indeed, there is some EAA Headquarters/IT policy thing about requiring separate log ins then it is again silly to have users enter their EAA membership number and anything else. It would be trivial to have the registration routine query the membership database (MS SQL Server I'll bet) and retrieve all the info the forum software wants. Or the data could be retrieved, once again, from Active Directory and used to populate the forum registration page.

gbrasch
11-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Anybody in EAA IT ever heard of single signon? Seems silly to have a separate log in from that of the main site (I had single signon on an intranet web site that used corporate Exchange and Active Directory - it wasn't hard to implement and it's pretty clear that the main EAA site is Microsoft). If, indeed, there is some EAA Headquarters/IT policy thing about requiring separate log ins then it is again silly to have users enter their EAA membership number and anything else. It would be trivial to have the registration routine query the membership database (MS SQL Server I'll bet) and retrieve all the info the forum software wants. Or the data could be retrieved, once again, from Active Directory and used to populate the forum registration page.
I have no idea what he said, but I agree! :D

Dana
11-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Anybody in EAA IT ever heard of single signon? Seems silly to have a separate log in from that of the main site...

I suspect it's because unlike the main site, this forum, like its Oshkosh365 predecessor, does not require EAA membership.