PDA

View Full Version : Warner Scarab JR engine rebuild

Littlebird
02-01-2015, 12:41 PM
​Where would I buy parts, or who rebuilds the Warner Scarab JR 90HP engine?

Thanks
Kevin.

crusty old aviator
03-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Contact Brad Ball at the Santa Paula Airport. He specializes in Kinner engines but may know of some Warner shops, if he doesn't handle Warners himself.

Derswede
01-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Piedmont Aviation in Winston Salem, NC may be worth a call. They had a great guy there some years back, Foy Owens. Have no idea if he is still alive but they did have a couple of guys that worked on Radials. Foy did all the Warner Super Scarabs we had for the various Monocoupes. Never heard my father say a single word against him....and he logged many hours in the D-145 and the Clipwings. Foy was "the man" when if came to Warners around here.

Derswede

Ernie
01-08-2016, 09:39 PM
I have no personal knowledge, but when I was thinking about a Warner powered airplane, these folks were suggested:

http://www.radialengine.com/home.htm

Gilmore
01-30-2016, 05:11 PM
I had a 145 Warner overhauled by Al Holloway, Holloway Engineering, Quincy Calif. I was quite happy with him, knowledgable about old obscure engines.

Derswede
02-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Hmmm....think I have a set of the Lord mounts for a Warner 185. 5 or so of the rubber mounts. Must look thru old boxes in the garage.....

Derswede

Mike Switzer
02-02-2016, 06:56 PM
There is a shop at the airport in Bloomington, IL that is supposed to be very good with all kinds of radial engines. I don't remember the name & there isn't a listing on the google map page, but it shouldn't take too much to locate them. The last time I was up there they were just west of where Bloomington Avionics hangars were before they were bought out & moved to Champaign.

Tom Downey
02-06-2016, 09:49 PM
​Where would I buy parts, or who rebuilds the Warner Scarab JR 90HP engine?

Thanks
Kevin.
Harmon Dickerson is the Warner Parts guru. Columbus Mo. He's old school so don't look for a web page. Call Al Holloway ( Holloway engineering Quincy Ca.) to get Harmon's contact info.

Tom Downey
02-06-2016, 09:50 PM
I have no personal knowledge, but when I was thinking about a Warner powered airplane, these folks were suggested:

http://www.radialengine.com/home.htm
The Curry brothers no longer do Warners

Tom Downey
02-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Hmmm....think I have a set of the Lord mounts for a Warner 185. 5 or so of the rubber mounts. Must look thru old boxes in the garage.....

Derswede
The 165 and the 185 both use the same lord Mount as the 0-300/C-145, you must have the press to drive them after you have sized them to your mount ring.