PDA

View Full Version : New IAC logo

cyav8r
01-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Anyone else think the airplane in the new logos is missing something? Where is the elevator/horizontal stab?

http://eaaforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4440&stc=1

RetroAcro
01-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Maybe not missing, just painted red. :-) Looks like a bit of artistic license as the airplane graphic increased in size, and a horizontal stab would intrude on the clarity of the letter 'C'.

DShinn
01-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Something else looks odd... oh yeah, the plane is not inverted.

Byron J. Covey
01-11-2015, 05:31 AM
Something else looks odd... oh yeah, the plane is not inverted.

I apply them upside down.

BJC

ssmdive
01-11-2015, 08:03 PM
It is amazing that anyone approved that.

Stinson Pilot
01-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Something else looks odd... oh yeah, the plane is not inverted. And it doesn't have two wings!

martymayes
01-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Maybe not missing, just painted red. :-)

Isn't there an aviation saying about that? "Red over red and you're dead?" :)

jimklick
02-20-2015, 01:26 PM
That's what happens when Marketing guys who are not pilots design stuff. Remember the "Aerobatics USA" fiasco?
I have a wind shirt with a Pitts on the back with several defects such as only one landing gear, no vertical fin and a few
others.
I spent a career designing and building electronic stuff, and then had marketing tell us that they had promised the customer something entirely different.
Then the accountants would tells to build what was promised, and stay under budget.
Boy am I glad to be retired.

WLIU
02-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Tough crowd.....

flyrite
02-20-2015, 06:03 PM
That's what happens when Marketing guys who are not pilots design stuff. Remember the "Aerobatics USA" fiasco?
I have a wind shirt with a Pitts on the back with several defects such as only one landing gear, no vertical fin and a few
others.
I spent a career designing and building electronic stuff, and then had marketing tell us that they had promised the customer something entirely different.
Then the accountants would tells to build what was promised, and stay under budget.
Boy am I glad to be retired.

Might be good that this thread stays obscure. As much as I appreciate the efforts of the folks that put all the labor in to the redesign of the logo, I tend to agree with Jim's perspective above.

Take care

Tony

DJ Molny
02-21-2015, 07:33 AM
OK, Jim, I have to jump in here. You are flat wrong. The "Marketing guy" you refer to is Margo Chase, head of the Chase Design Group (www.chasedesigngroup.com) -- a top-shelf marketing firm with clients like Coca Cola, Disney, Samsung, Target, and dozens of other household names. She's competed in 27 contests since 2007 (https://iaccdb.iac.org/pilots/727), including flying Advanced at the 2014 Nationals, so yeah she's a pilot too.

You can like the new logo, hate it, carp about it, whatever. But it is the work product of a highly skilled and successful IAC volunteer who donated a bunch of time and effort. So let's at least not crap on her for doing so, OK?

flyrite
02-24-2015, 03:54 PM
Tough crowd.....

Wow...I would agree!