PDA

View Full Version : (Fairly) new VAA Member Signing On

DanChief
10-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello all,

(I'm not sure if this is the right forum section for intros, so I'll move if needed!)

I've been a Vintage Aircraft Association member for a year now. I own a 1940 Aeronca Chief that I'm slowly nursing back to health. It was flyable and passed a few annuals but wasn't flown much by the previous owner (average 5 hours per year).

Of course I bought it to fly, so I've averaged 60+ in it the past two years. I haven't flown much this summer due to a recent job change, move, and engine issues (nuisance oil leaks). I figured the old, dried-out gaskets were giving way so it was time to pull and replace.

Most of the saga is on my blog: http://flightmusings.blogspot.com/

I look forward to posting, reading, and getting to know my fellow fanatics!

Dan

rosiejerryrosie
10-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Welcome aboard! As everyone knows - "If you really want to fly - fly an Aeronca!!"

Edit: Just noticed your signature! We are neighbors. I swapped out my Lycoming for a Continental a couple of years ago and gave away two Lycomings and many, many parts. Too bad I didn't know you were in the area - we could have helped each other out. I don't have any parts left anymore - gave them all to a school up near Williamsport but if you need anything, I have developed a list of Lycoming owners and suppliers over the years and I may be able to help you out. You can contact me at rosiejerryroise@cs.com if you'd like to get together.

DanChief
10-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Welcome aboard! As everyone knows - "If you really want to fly - fly an Aeronca!!"

Edit: Just noticed your signature! We are neighbors. I swapped out my Lycoming for a Continental a couple of years ago and gave away two Lycomings and many, many parts. Too bad I didn't know you were in the area - we could have helped each other out. I don't have any parts left anymore - gave them all to a school up near Williamsport but if you need anything, I have developed a list of Lycoming owners and suppliers over the years and I may be able to help you out. You can contact me at rosiejerryroise@cs.com if you'd like to get together.

Jerry -- tried the email -- bounced back.

rosiejerryrosie
10-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Jerry -- tried the email -- bounced back.

I can see why. My funble fingers mistyped my own address. Try rosiejerryrosie@cs.com