PDA

View Full Version : E-Flight Apprentice good first plane?

jonahailsa
10-13-2011, 12:22 AM
So i fly helicopters, i can do flips and rolls, and some fast forward flight, and i am thinking i want to fly planes to, but i dont know what plane to go with first, apprentice, or the super cub.

i really want to go with the apprentice b.c its bigger, and comes with a brushless setup, but i was told i should start with the super cub b.c its slower not as big, and easy to fly, but being a fast learner and i get board easy, i just think i would out grow the cup way to fast

could i learn to fly planes with the apprentice with out to much difficulty, or would i be in over my head

oh yea i do have a sim, and a dx6i and i can fly planes on the sim and land them to.

uavmx
10-15-2011, 01:28 PM
there are way better forums for this sort of topic, but I would recommend the Parkzone T-28. Easy flyer. If you can do forward flight with helos, and you can fly in the sim you should be fine with this plane. The foamy T-28 takes some SERIOUS abuse. Good slow flight, but still fun enough to crank up some rolls, loops, etc You won't get bored with it quickly like the others.

Stan
10-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Take a look at Horizon hobby UMX hyper taxi with the new AS3X system for flight practice with easy landing. I have a patent pending on a full scale 4 to 6 passenger version.
Good luck, Stan