PDA

View Full Version : Video: Interview with a WWII Vet at Perrin Air Force Base Museum, Denison, TX

FunInAviation
09-27-2014, 04:48 PM
I had a great time visiting the Perrin Air Force Base Museum at the North Texas Regional-Perrin Airport in Denison. Jim Farris, a World War II veteran, was kind enough to give us an informative and interesting tour of this great historical museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821RiKLiJ-M

spongebobiwan
09-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this. I love this stuff and can't get enough of it. Probably why I spend most of my weeks during AirVenture at Warbirds in Review. That, and knowing that little by little, we are losing these guys and won't be able to listen and learn from them other than recorded media in the not real distant future. I hate saying that, but it is the reality. So, I really appreciate your effort to record and save some of this stuff for posterity.

FunInAviation
09-29-2014, 04:51 AM
Thanks Russ,

I went out to the North Texas Regional Airport to video some of the aerobatic trials when I happened upon this wonderful museum and just had to go in. It was great talking with these guys and sharing stories with them about my father, who was a Seabee in WWII.