PDA

View Full Version : Sky Raider Manual

SkyLark'n
08-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi all, I recently acquired a Sky Raider Ultralight that has had the gear collapsed on it by one of the previous owners. I am looking for the owners/builders manual and was wondering if anyone had one they are willing to share/sell? I am most interested in weight and balance info as well as rigging of the gear and control surfaces. Overall the plane seems in decent shape but I want to go through it thoroughly before I fly in it.

I also have a complete owners/overhaul manual for the Zenoah G50D engine if anyone is looking for a copy of that.

Thanks and I would be interested in any Sky Raider input!http://eaaforums.org/images/icons/biggrin.gif

jedi
08-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Great airplane! Take good care of it.

Tom C
08-22-2014, 12:26 PM
I have the construction manual from when I built my skyraider and can scan and email you the weight and balance information. Not much in it about setting up the gear. But it does have some information on control surfaces.

SkyLark'n
08-23-2014, 09:35 AM
I have the construction manual from when I built my skyraider and can scan and email you the weight and balance information. Not much in it about setting up the gear. But it does have some information on control surfaces.

That would be great Tom C, I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

I welded the landing gear back together just so I could move the plane around easier. I tried to get the gear back into the same shape as it was originally and think it is reasonably close. Both sides have a very aggressive toe in that I don't think could make for easy handling? I am going to go closer to a 0 toe in when I rebuild the gear unless I hear from others not to.

jedi
08-23-2014, 09:57 AM
.......I welded the landing gear back together just so I could move the plane around easier. I tried to get the gear back into the same shape as it was originally and think it is reasonably close. Both sides have a very aggressive toe in that I don't think could make for easy handling? I am going to go closer to a 0 toe in when I rebuild the gear unless I hear from others not to.

Tail wheel aircraft shoud have toe out not toe in. That may be why the gear was messed up!

SkyLark'n
08-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Tail wheel aircraft shoud have toe out not toe in. That may be why the gear was messed up!

I've been doing a little research and found the most info relating to Super Cub gear. most of the info seems to lean towards 0 toe in or at the most 1 degree toe in. One guy points out that the toe in will change from the three point position to the level attitude position and build the gear to what type of landings you prefer. I am wanting to extend the gear when I build new and am open to any suggestions or info I find along the way.

Thanks for the input I will research further.