PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From England?

Bill Greenwood
10-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I'd like to ask an opinion if anyone is from England, non aviation related.

I was watching Piers Morgan interview the 2 men from the case know as the Memphis Three. Piers is British, and said that England does not have the death penalty, but that polls show 90% of people there might support it if they voted on this?
Is this true? Is it really the case, and do polls really show this?
Piers seemed to be saying that people feel that way because they assume that those convicted are in fact the guilty party, which we are coming to find out is often not the case.

For those of you who want to only stick to planes, or are not Brits, just skip this please.

Janet Davidson
10-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Piers is about 1 grade down the National Enquirer & very few people were sorry to see him leave the UK. Hopefully that should pretty much answer your question.

Hank
10-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Piers seemed to be saying that people feel that way because they assume that those convicted are in fact the guilty party, which we are coming to find out is often not the case.

How do you figure that??? Sure, there have been a few, but do the math--the percentage is vanishingly small . . .

Bill Greenwood
10-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Janet my question was about what polls in England show about public opinion on the death penalty there, not what you think about Piers .Hank, my question was what polls in England show, not about your opinion on the death penalty.

And I addressed it to someone from England, are either of you from there?

Hal Bryan
10-04-2011, 01:33 PM
If anyone from any country wants to follow up with Bill, please send him a direct message. There's enough hot-button controversy about airplane parking and what's in the magazine - let's not drag international politics, pop culture, and capital punishment into it too.

Thanks -

Hal