PDA

View Full Version : Ercoupe wings

jtnunn
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Could metal covered wings be recovered with fabric if the skins were removed for maintenance and corrosion treatment. I know the early models had fabric covered wings and some have been recovered with aluminum by STC. There does not seem to be any design differences between the models.
Thanks in advance for comments.
jt

Ercoupesyd
05-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Could metal covered wings be recovered with fabric if the skins were removed for maintenance and corrosion treatment. I know the early models had fabric covered wings and some have been recovered with aluminum by STC. There does not seem to be any design differences between the models.
Thanks in advance for comments.
jtYes, jt, metal covered Ercoupe wings can be recovered with fabric. Forney, Alon and Mooney M-10 wings cannot be fabric covered because their ribs are different from Ercoupe ribs. Ercoupesyd

WarrenG
05-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Having survived an incident in the early '60's where the inboard top 10' of fabric ripped off in flight, I get the shakes when I think of flying in a 'coupe with fabric. I love Ercoupes and would spend whatever it takes to put the metal back on. :-)
Warren

Kurt Flunkn
05-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Yes, as long as the de-modified wings conform to type design.