PDA

View Full Version : Needing help with identification

TonyCarroll
03-28-2014, 07:13 PM
I bought this ultralight and have yet to identify it, it has a 2"x 2" square aluminum tube "keel" running from engine mount to tail feather mounts the wing construction is very similar to the rans s4 the pilot entry consists of unzipping the fabric, pulling a pin, and sliding a sleeve to let the tube swing down.

it is sail cloth covered, and has a sling seat, round tube longerons...all construction except the landing gear is aluminum

any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Tony Carroll

skyvine
03-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Wow. That's an interesting looking project. Having been an ultralight pilot, enthusiast, and manufacturer who has displayed at Sun 'n Fun and Oshkosh, I am surprised that your aircraft (or parts of one) doesn't look familiar to me. It appears to be from a kit, given the molded front section and well-fitted tail and empenage. I hope someone recognizes it for you, and that you get it flying at some point.

If nothing else, you could probably come up with lightweight wings adapted from another design and an engine that would be compatible enough for a decent weight and balance package to get it flying. Best of luck!

Ron Blum
04-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Kind of looks like a slightly modified (and covered) Afford-a-Plane. You can Google that, and the some of the plans pages will come up. The plans came on a CD that when printed made something like (50) 11"X17" sheets of paper. Looks cool.

pylon500
04-03-2014, 07:33 PM
That's cute, looks a little like an AeroLites Bearcat?
Not sure about the rear diagonal tubes (headroom problem?), the Bearcats have twin tubes to the front to make that support.
Maybe this was a prototype, or a clone....?
http://www.airframer.com/aircraft_detail.html?model=BearCat