PDA

View Full Version : Enter key doesn't work when replying??

Mike Switzer
10-12-2013, 05:43 AM
For some reason when I reply to a thread & try to hit the enter key to go to the next line nothing happens. Same thing happened right here starting this new thread. Running IE10 on a new laptop, works fine on other forums.

FlyingRon
10-12-2013, 06:22 AM
I've seen that happen from time to time both on this and other vBulletin forums but have never figured out what it is exaclty. It seems to go away and is not limited to any particular browser.

martymayes
10-12-2013, 07:31 AM
For some reason when I reply to a thread & try to hit the enter key to go to the next line nothing happens. Same thing happened right here starting this new thread. Running IE10 on a new laptop, works fine on other forums.

Same exact symptoms here. Been doing it for over a month now.

Check 6
10-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Try this:

Go to settings, general settings, misc. options, message editor interface, and select "standard editor." Give that a try. It that doesn't work select "basic editor."

If none of these work switch back to IE9. That is what I ultimately did.

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
Basic Editor - A simple text box
Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

Mike Switzer
10-14-2013, 09:25 AM
OK, does this work?

Yes, the standard editor works. Thanks.

Check 6
10-14-2013, 10:17 AM
OK, does this work?

Yes, the standard editor works. Thanks.

Great, you are welcome. This is a widespread problem with IE10.