PDA

View Full Version : Airventure Streaming Video?

kellym
07-19-2011, 10:53 PM
OSH 365 had streaming video of the runways etc. Will that show up somewhere here this year?

Auburntsts
07-20-2011, 05:21 AM
At least some are already up and running: http://www.oshkosh365.org/ok365_ContentDetail.aspx?id=2406

kellym
07-20-2011, 07:13 AM
I was hoping they would move them to this new system. OSH 365 is such a clunky slow system.

Chad Jensen
07-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Yeah, it would be great to see them moved here...I won't get to the show until Monday, and I always enjoy watching arrivals Saturday and Sunday!

BrianS
07-20-2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.oshkosh365.org/webcams.aspx

spongebobiwan
07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Watching the cams since they came online a couple days back or so. Activity is really increasing quite a bit today. :P

Chad Jensen
07-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Are all the webcams crashed right now? I can't get any of them to work...I keep getting a message to "send a crash report"...

:(

spongebobiwan
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Chad,
I'm viewing all three cams, and have been most of the day. What is happening when you attempt to view?
Russ

Edit: Sorry, I just re-read your post and you stated what happens..duh. What are you trying to view with? PC or Mac? Windows version? IE or some other browser? What precisely?

Edit #2: You might try deleting cookies, emptying cache, and deleting history. I've had similar issues where I can't seem to get the feeds to work right and have had to do the above then close (shut down) and restart my browser. I'm on an iMac using Firefox and Quicktime. Safari was working fine for me up until I installed the new Safari 5.1 update yesterday, then it stopped working and I had to use Firefox. Finnicky things these are. :P

Chad Jensen
07-21-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm at work using a PC/Firefox/Window's Media. Not the best combo. I'll try some of your suggestions...may just simply try switching the default player to QT first.

Chad Jensen
07-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Figured it out, was missing a newer plug-in. Up and running all of them now!:cool:

spongebobiwan
07-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Good luck. Hope you get it working. I originally got on here in this thread to mention how exciting it's getting watching the cams, with the definite big increase in activity today. But, now that sounds like I woulda been rubbing it in. LOL

In any event, hope you get it working soon as watching all the setup is really nice. Health prevents me from attending AirVenture this year (first time in many years I won't be going), so for my case, being able to watch this much activity there, helps take the sting away a little bit.

Chad Jensen
07-21-2011, 03:43 PM
I hear ya man...we'll be driving right by Beloit on the way up...always willing to give ya a ride if it worked out! We'll send ya nod and wave as we go by otherwise. ;)

Cams are working great now, BTW!

spongebobiwan
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Glad to hear it. Looks like they are doing some stationary work now. The north/Warbird camera has some occasional activity in this view, but the other two are either stalled (the feed), or literally no activity in the current views.

lol..thanks for the ride offer. If ONLY my "issue" was with just needing a ride, I'd be a happy camper. :P

Paul Hayden
07-21-2011, 04:01 PM
we swung the cams to the closest runways in preperation for watching arrivals tomorrow.

Chad Jensen
07-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Nice! I like the angle of the 'Central' best at this point. Looking forward to watching tomorrow!