PDA

View Full Version : Lets Promote Flying Clubs

flywithpat
09-16-2011, 01:24 PM
I joined a non-profit flying club in NJ about a year ago and have enjoyed it very much. However when I first started searching for clubs in my area I couldn't find any good sites listing them. The few sites I did find weren't very easy to look through. So I decided to make a site where anyone could add and edit listings to hopefully keep it all up to date. I am trying to promote it now so we can get more clubs on there and get more people flying. Remember the more pilots we have the better it is for everyone.

The site is only for non-profit clubs and I do not nor will I ever make money from it so please do not consider this spam.

http://aeroclubs.us

Happy Flying!

Joe LaMantia
09-17-2011, 07:44 AM
This is a great idea, thanks for your efforts. Unfortunately, I am not able to post my club's information since we no longer have an active web site and i can't complete that field on your "add a club" form. We dropped our website since we use "AircraftClubs.com" for our scheduling and we lost our computer geek member a couple of years ago. We have all kinds of information stored in the "cloud" and you can't get to it without being a club member. You may want to consider making the website data "optional" rather then a requirement to "add a club". This is just a typical start-up glitch, but I suspect there are lots of clubs using "AircraftClubs.com".

Joe LaMantia
President, SkyPark Aero Club
Hartzell Field, Piqua OH (I17)

flywithpat
09-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Joe,
Thanks for finding that. I always thought I had the website part as optional but realized I had an error in the form validation. It looks like I fixed it. Please try to submit again. Thanks!

Joe LaMantia
09-18-2011, 08:35 AM
I think you fixed it, I was able to submit our club data without getting an error, it hasn't actually added the info in the Ohio data base yet. That may require me to sign out and sign back in to actually see it.

Joe

flywithpat
09-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Success! http://aeroclubs.us/oh/skypark-aero-club/

skyhawk721
01-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Right at the moment I'm looking very hard at joining a newly formed club in this area.This discussion will help point me in the right direction. It seems there are probably many kinds of clubs and it would be nice to learn from others experience..