PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh Chapter Young Eagle Pavilion Location 2013

Trevor Janz
05-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Last year was my first year as EAA Chapter Manager. I was shocked that we did not have a special place for Chapter members, leaders, volunteers, Young Eagle field reps and volunteers at your convention. As many of you know...we had two small buildings...out in some open space North of the control tower. To me this was simply unacceptable. I was told that the buildings used to be by show central and got moved several years ago. So, I went about asking if we can get a place on "Ocean Front Property"....for our valuable Chapter members, leaders and YE Volunteers? You are the backbone of this organization and this is your convention.

Luckily our VP Jeff Skiles completely agreed and long story short...made it happen! We now will have a tent on Celebration Way - the main drag! It will be on the corner of Knapp Street and Celebration Way...next to the EAA Membership Welcome Center (to the West). We will have a "public area" where people can learn more about Chapters, Young Eagles, Eagle Flights, Air Academy and a place for daily forums...but, most importantly we will have an area that chapter members, leaders can have a seat...ice cold water and a nice "swamp cooler" to take the load off. We will have a 60 inch flat screen showing three months of Chapter Video Magazine and other Young Eagle events and chapter events. This area will be sectioned off just for you. Talk with other chapter members and relax!

Here is a photo of where the tent will be. The old Sweeps building is being moved today! I will post another photo when the tent is up!

Stop by when you are at Oshkosh 2013!