PDA

View Full Version : Experimenter pdf

Mike Switzer
05-07-2013, 10:30 PM
I just downloaded the new experimenter pdf file, dont have time to read it all now but I was dismayed at the letters saying that pdf is "old" technology & it should be replaced by an app.

The only place I have high speed internet access is my office, where I have a Comcast connection. I like the pdf, I download it & read it at my leisure. There is no high speed internet available if i am at home - it just simply is not available. (And no, Hughes net is not high speed. I told them what they could go do with themselves years ago)

Please keep the E-publications available in pdf format.

Thanks.

miemsed
05-08-2013, 03:46 AM
I just had wild blue satellite Internet installed in my office I have in my hanger at the airport. No cable Internet avl there. It works very well and is almost as fast as my Comcast Internet connection at home. It is a little slower than Comcast but not much. I did not go with Hughes satellite Internet as my brother had it and it was very slow. You might try wild blue if you are still looking.

Mike M
05-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Concur with Mike Switzer. Add any new technology you like BUT keep .pdf

steveinindy
05-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Exactly. I have zero desire to have to rely on an app to read things. I may be a dinosaur but I like having something I can print out (if I so desire) or at very least save to the external hard drive which I use as a portable reference library.

Chad Jensen
05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
The pdf won't be going anywhere. IF we are able to develop an app for it, it will be in addition to the pdf version. :cool:

Bill Berson
05-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Chad,
My iPad does not show the PDF icon for me to click on.
Is it even possible to download and save on iPad?

Or do I need the desktop, as suggested in other thread?

p..s. every Experimenter says " download to iPad" .... But no instructions how to do it.

Chad Jensen
05-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Unless something has changed with our software that I am unaware of, the desktop way is the only way I know of at this time. Where does it say "download to iPad"? I don't see that option anywhere in the email or on the Experimenter page...

Bill Berson
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Chad,

this is from the EAA email:

The digital edition is fully compatible with most Web browsers, no special software is needed. You can also download a PDF for reading offline on your computer, laptop, or other mobile device.

Chad Jensen
05-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Ah, yes, but the way to do that right now (without the app since it's not in development yet) is to do as mentioned above. Sorry for the confusion Bill.