PDA

View Full Version : What's New

Hangar10
04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Is it just me, or has the "What's New" section changed? A few weeks ago I noticed that the page looked different (see image). It doesn't allow me to review the recent topics being discussed like before... notice that much of the page is populated with the same thread! I haven't visited much lately because of this, and I was hoping that it was just a glitch that would be fixed, but it appears to be permanent.

Is there a setting I can change or something?

Hal Bryan
04-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Hi Mark -

There was a change, but not in the way you think. See my post here:

http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?3679-What-s-New-Change

Regards -

Hal

Hal Bryan
04-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Mark - one other thing: try clicking directly on the "New Posts" menu item (just below the "What's New" and "Forum" tabs) - I think that may take you where you want to go.

Hangar10
04-24-2013, 02:07 PM
That's what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Hal Bryan
04-24-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm not wild about the "Activity Feed" that appears when you click "What's New" - I want to leave it as is for a while (per my other post) but at some point I might tweak it to show new posts or maybe just remove the tab, unless other people are really enjoying it.

rleffler
04-25-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm not wild about the "Activity Feed" that appears when you click "What's New" - I want to leave it as is for a while (per my other post) but at some point I might tweak it to show new posts or maybe just remove the tab, unless other people are really enjoying it.

I vote for tweaking it and putting it back to "New Posts". For us old farts, we need a bigger button to click on.:D

Mike Switzer
04-25-2013, 07:58 AM
I vote for tweaking it and putting it back to "New Posts". For us old farts, we need a bigger button to click on.:D

And we need the buttons to stay at the same place on every page

Hal Bryan
04-25-2013, 08:06 AM

Is there an instance where they don't?

Mike Switzer
04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I just clicked on the new post button on the main forum page, on the new post page activity stream is where new post was on the forum page. I'm not seeing it on this thread, but a few days ago i noticed on different forum pages & different threads the new posts, whats new, & forum buttons kept moving around.

rwanttaja
04-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Is there an instance where they don't?

Not certain that this is what Mike was referring to, but: At the top level of the Forum, the "New Posts" link is on the far left, just under the tabs. If you click the "New Posts" link, its position is replaced by "Activity Stream," but "New Posts" still appears, to the right of its previous position.

Not really a problem (after all, you're already viewing the New Posts), but it is a case of a roaming button.

Ron Wanttaja

Hal Bryan
04-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I just clicked on the new post button on the main forum page, on the new post page activity stream is where new post was on the forum page. I'm not seeing it on this thread, but a few days ago i noticed on different forum pages & different threads the new posts, whats new, & forum buttons kept moving around.

I think at least part of that was me playing with settings and things, Mike - sorry for the confusion! Things should stay where they belong now, though I'm liking the idea of replacing the big "What's New" with the "New Posts" like was discussed earlier.

Mike Switzer
04-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Part of the problem was the white type on gray & light blue background - which i do like, but - my desk is against the west windows in my office & in the afternoon the glare of the sunlight on my glasses made it hard to read, I pushed where I thought the new post button was without reading it & was surprised by the "whats new" page (which I really don't care for, but I will just not click on it (I hope)