PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Aircraft Photos

Hal Bryan
04-19-2013, 07:23 AM
A lot of good stuff at this site that was shared on our LinkedIn group:

I have a historic aviation web page with photos from my father's collection that I would like to share with the EAA membership.

My father - William A. Prescott grew up in the Chicago area in the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s. He had attended the 1930 National Air Races held in Chicago and the 1939 American Open Soaring Competition held in Frankfurt, MI. In 1932 he and three of his model airplane buddies bought a wrecked Northorp primary glider, rebuilt it; went to the local library to get a book on flying and taught themselves to fly. He was a WWII Navy pilot who stayed active in the US Naval Reserves until his retirement in 1967. In 1954, Captain Jepp hired my dad to work at Jeppesen & Company. Photos of these events and his accounts of his flying experiences are on my web page.

http://mrbill2.smugmug.com/

wacoc8
04-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks Hal. Some really neat photos. The Monocoupe D145, NC11725 with "Little Orphan Annie" on the tail currently belongs to a friend of mine here in the Bayou. He is restoring the airplane, which has not flown since the late 1940's or so. The original colors were a silver-blue with orange trim, which is still on the engine cowling.