PDA

View Full Version : Where's Walt Bowe?

Stephan Wilkinson
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm a writer for Aviation History Magazine, which has asked me to do a piece on Walt Bowe's Speedwing. Can somebody give me some basic contact information for him? PM me if you prefer not to post it.

wacoc8
04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm a writer for Aviation History Magazine, which has asked me to do a piece on Walt Bowe's Speedwing. Can somebody give me some basic contact information for him? PM me if you prefer not to post it.

Walt sold the Laird Speedwing and it now resides in France, I believe. If you still wish to find Walt I can PM you.
Dave

Stephan Wilkinson
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Thanks. I'll let you know if I still need to talk to him. The sale of the airplane might change the bidding.

Wcbowe
04-26-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm right here. What can I do for you?
walt bowe

Stephan Wilkinson
04-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Hi Walt. Unfortunately, if it's true that you sold that lovely Laird, the Editor of Aviation History now feels that it makes less sense to do an article on it. I'll see if I can persuade him otherwise if you feel there is indeed a story to be told about its restoration. (I'm a Falco builder, so at least we'd be talking roughly the same language...) All I know about the airplane is how beautiful it is, which made me suggest the article in the first place. I'm at stephwilkinson@verizon.net if you want to respond directly.

Hal Bryan
04-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but anyone interested in Walt and his Laird (among other aircraft) should check out the May/June issue of "Vintage Airplane" that should be mailing soon if it hasn't already. Jim Busha wrote a nice piece for a great-looking cover story.

Wcbowe
04-27-2013, 12:59 AM
I did sell the Laird and my KR-31. Both went to France. I purchased the Liberty Foundation's P-40 after the sale.
look forward to Busha's article

johnAK
09-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Walt, Can you contact me? Lost your email. Wanted to discuss P-40. John Schwamm, 480.766.9990