PDA

View Full Version : Brake grease

Bob Collins
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
In his very excellent EAA homebuilder video on brake pads (http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=1411638474001), Dick Kohler notes that the pins on which the Cleveland (in this case) brake assembly rides on needs to be greased with a "high temperature silicon brake grease." I'm unfamiliar with this and wonder if any of you have a particular recommendation.

Many thanks!
Bob

WLIU
03-03-2013, 07:31 PM
I use anti-seize on the pins. Look at the label for the temp rating. Should be high enough. Has worked good for many years for me. If you inadvertently get some on the brake disk, clean it off before you are done.

Best of luck,

Wes

Mike M
03-04-2013, 04:54 PM
I use anti-seize on the pins. Look at the label for the temp rating. Should be high enough. Has worked good for many years for me. If you inadvertently get some on the brake disk, clean it off before you are done.

Best of luck,

Wes

I have used antiseize, too. but in response to this question I google-searched and found autozone checker etc sell EXACTLY that item, hi temp silicone brake grease, for a reasonable price. no hazmat shipping fee, it is in stock. how 'bout that!