PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Meeting in Charlotte NC last night

Trevor Janz
01-15-2013, 09:19 AM
We want to thank Chapter 309 for hosting our Grass Roots Pilot Tour last night here in Charlotte NC. We had over 210 members and non members attend....excellent turn out. I want to thank Alex Becker, Chapter 309 President and his members for all the help and wonderful food that was provided last night. Chapter 309 got a sponsor for the food and beverage (good job Alex!!). I want to thank the Aviation Law Firm of Dean & Gibson, Hofer, Nance PLLC of Charlotte. Susan Hofer and Rodney Dean spoke briefly about how they can help pilots/aircraft owners with any legal issues. Susan Hofer and her husband own a Mooney 252.

It was nice to meet all these members. Also, several of the non-chapter members spoke to Alex about signing up with his chapter!

There were a lot of kids and young adults in the crowd last night...was nice to see!

Prior to the presentation we mail out post cards to all EAA National Members in the area that are not Chapter members and also to Private Pilots in the area, with the hope that they will join the local chapter and EAA. A percentage usually do.

Next month, Jeff Skiles, Chad Jensen (Manager Communities), Brady Lane (EAA Videographer) and myself will be going to Hillsboro Oregon (Portland)...then on to Seattle for our Grass Roots tour. Brady will be recording video for our new Chapter Video Magazine...by visiting Van's Aircraft and also the Evergreen Museum with the Spruce Goose..and several other features. We are really looking forward to launching this in May to all EAA Chapters.

Thank you Chapters for all you do!