PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to take over a BD-4 project

Tim Moylan
08-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Hello,
My father has been building a BD-4 for the past few years but he is no longer in a state of health which will allow him to finish the project. I am looking to see if anyone is interested in the taking it over. Includes the frame, many materials for sheathing, instruments, landing gear plus many more items. Would be great for a young person, aviation club project or to compliment someone else's BD4 project. No costs involved...just a committment to use the materials in the true spirit of the EAA.
Thanks,
Tim Moylan
561-302-0346
tlax27@msn.com

Chad Jensen
08-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Where is the project located Tim? One of our chapter members is working with a local high school to find a youth project. :cool:

Tim Moylan
08-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Chad, The plane is in Raleigh, NC.

Chad Jensen
08-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks Tim, I'll let them know!

martymayes
08-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Tim, have you considered listing the project on ebay or Barnstormers? I think you would find a fair amount of interest....

joseph W. Lilley
08-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Have you thought about donating it to the Western North Carolina Air Museum in Hendersonville NC.

bobs
08-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Hello,
My father has been building a BD-4 for the past few years but he is no longer in a state of health which will allow him to finish the project. I am looking to see if anyone is interested in the taking it over. Includes the frame, many materials for sheathing, instruments, landing gear plus many more items. Would be great for a young person, aviation club project or to compliment someone else's BD4 project. No costs involved...just a committment to use the materials in the true spirit of the EAA.
Thanks,
Tim Moylan
561-302-0346
tlax27@msn.com I am interested in your project and am local. I have looked at the bd4 for a long time and thought of building one. I will commit to continuing with this project and seeing it done.
bob

Tim Moylan
08-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks to those EEA members who responded to my BD-4 posting. I have received many emails and phone calls with offers to take over the project. Will have a decision shortly.