PDA

View Full Version : Two "simple" support requests

LostUpNorth
11-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone,

First request. I've been trying to use Oshkosh365.com for a couple years now and there's one extremely irritating bug (aside from speed). THE LOG IN!!! I go to Oshkosh365 and I have to log in. Then it takes me to another page and I get to log in again. I can log in up on the top or in the side bar on the second page. Also no matter how many times I check "remember me" it doesn't remember me either. Can we PLEASE fix it? I don't care so much that I have to log in each time, but I have to log in TWICE each time AND the site is slow. I know there are probably lots of priorities, but can we just add this to the "I'll do that on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when I need something easy to fix" list? Thanks. Oh... this occurs with Windows 7 and the latest versions of Chrome, IE and Firefox.

Second request. Ya know those awesome background calendars? They're great with one exception. You don't have a resolution that scales for 1.77 aspect ratio resolutions. In case that doesn't make sense... if you take the list of most used monitor resolutions http://techzoom.org/most-used-display-monitor-screen-resolutions-as-of-april-2011/ and divide the first number by the second you'll come up with four consistent aspect ratios: 1.33, 1.6, 1.25 and 1.77. Now do the same exercise with the sizes of background images provided for the EAA desktop background. Hey look.... there's no 1.77 aspect ratio size available. In general, getting the exact resolution is unimportant. If you pick an image that has the same aspect ratio as your resolution Windows will scale it to fit nicely. However, I'm forced to use a 1.77 ratio resolution so the calendar is always just a little off my screen. I know it's a nit picky small thing but still.... it would be nice if you could add just one of the 1.77 resolution sizes! Thanks!

Thanks!

rleffler
11-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Lost,

You may want to check your browser settings. It sounds like your browser is preventing cookies from being written. Without cookies, the attributes you are looknig for won't work. I have a similair envirnment as you and haven't logged on direclty in months.

bob

Hal Bryan
11-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone,

First request. I've been trying to use Oshkosh365.com for a couple years now and there's one extremely irritating bug (aside from speed). THE LOG IN!!! I go to Oshkosh365 and I have to log in. Then it takes me to another page and I get to log in again. I can log in up on the top or in the side bar on the second page. Also no matter how many times I check "remember me" it doesn't remember me either. Can we PLEASE fix it? I don't care so much that I have to log in each time, but I have to log in TWICE each time AND the site is slow. I know there are probably lots of priorities, but can we just add this to the "I'll do that on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when I need something easy to fix" list? Thanks. Oh... this occurs with Windows 7 and the latest versions of Chrome, IE and Firefox.

Second request. Ya know those awesome background calendars? They're great with one exception. You don't have a resolution that scales for 1.77 aspect ratio resolutions. In case that doesn't make sense... if you take the list of most used monitor resolutions http://techzoom.org/most-used-display-monitor-screen-resolutions-as-of-april-2011/ and divide the first number by the second you'll come up with four consistent aspect ratios: 1.33, 1.6, 1.25 and 1.77. Now do the same exercise with the sizes of background images provided for the EAA desktop background. Hey look.... there's no 1.77 aspect ratio size available. In general, getting the exact resolution is unimportant. If you pick an image that has the same aspect ratio as your resolution Windows will scale it to fit nicely. However, I'm forced to use a 1.77 ratio resolution so the calendar is always just a little off my screen. I know it's a nit picky small thing but still.... it would be nice if you could add just one of the 1.77 resolution sizes! Thanks!

Thanks!

Hi Lost - I think have the solution for the first problem: you're going to Oshkosh365.com not .org. When you go to the .com address, it's supposed to immediately redirect you to the real address, .org, but, for some reason nobody has been able to figure out, it "allows" you to try to login first, before redirecting you. Go straight to the real address, oshkosh365.org, and you won't have that problem. (Though Bob is right, you do need to be sure that your browser it set to enable cookies.)

As for the wallpaper aspect ratio, that's a good point - I'll pass that along to the guy who puts those together.

- Hal