PDA

View Full Version : Books for sale: Homebuilding, piloting and aviation history

cluttonfred
10-15-2012, 07:18 AM
I am cleaning off my shelves and would rather see these books, newsletters and classic magazines go to fellow aviation enthusiasts. If interested in any of these, please reply to me directly so as not to clog up the group. All prices are exclusive of shipping—I will add the actual cost via USPS to wherever you are in the world. Photos are available at cluttonfred.info (http://cluttonfred.info), where I will also update the listing as books are sold.

BOOK SALE PART 1 - HOMEBUILT AIRCRAFT & PILOTING

Homebuilt Aircraft by David Thurston - hardcover - fair ex-library - $8
John Monnett: From Sonerai to Sonex by Jim Cunningham - softcover - good - $15
Low Horsepower Fun Aircraft You Can Build by Don Dwiggins - hardcover - fair ex-library - $8
Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators by H. H. Hurt, Jr. - softcover - excellent - $8
The Pilot’s Radio Communications Handbook by Paul E. Illman - good - $6
Sport Aviation - 25 issues of the EAA magazine ranging from April 1971 to September 1977 - good - $25
Sailplane Builder - 13 issues of the newsletter of the Sailplane Homebuilders Association ranging from June 1997 to July 1998 (missing July 1997) - good - $6
Air Progress: Sport Aircraft Annual 1973 and the fall 1970 and spring 1971 editons of Sports Planes magazine - fair - $5 for all three

BOOK SALE PART 2 - HISTORIC AVIATION

AMERICAN

Gyro: The Life and Times of Lawrence Sperry by William Wyatt Davenport - hardcover - excellent - $10
Legacy of Flight: The Guggenheim Contribution to American Aviation by Richard P. Hallion - hardcover - good - $10
The Thunder Factory: An Illustrated History of the Republic Aviation Corporation by Joshua Stoff - hardcover - good - $10
The Warthog and the Close Air Support Debate by Douglas N. Campbell - hardcover - excellent - $15

BRITISH

Spithead Express: The Pre-War Island Ferry and Post-War Plans (includes development of the Portsmouth Aerocar) by Christopher Balfour - hardcover - excellent - $10
Wellington: The Geodetic Giant by Martin Bowman - hardcover - good - $10
British Aviation: Ominous Skies 1935-1939 by Harald Penrose - hardcover - good except for faded dust jacket - $10

FRENCH & RUSSIAN

Les Avions Farman (in French, a history of Farman aircraft) by J. Liron - hardcover - good - $10
Chasseurs Russes et Sovietiques (in French, the definitive encyclopedia of Russian and Soviet fighters) by Herbert Leonard - hardcover - excellent - $25
La SNECMA, von Zborowski et le Coléoptère (in French, but captions in English as well, the definitive history of the French annular-wing VTOL designs) by Jean-Christophe Carbonel - hardcover - excellent - $20

OTHER

The Saab-Scania Story (a history of Saab aircraft and automobiles) - hardcover - good - $10
Japanese Secret Projects by Edwin M. Dyer - hardcover - excellent - $20

BIOGRAPHY & NOVELS

Airborne (flying stories by aerobatic champ and antique airplane pilot) by Neil Williams - hardcover - excellent - $10
Airymouse (flying stories by Westland test pilot) by Harald Penrose - hardcover - excellent - $10
Sagittarius Rising (memoirs of a WWI pilot) by Cecil Lewis and Mr. Standfast (WWI espionage novel) by John Buchan - both paperback - both good - $5 for the pair

Again, please contact me directly at cluttonfred (you know what goes here) me (and here) com if interested.

Cheers,

Matthew

cluttonfred
10-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Here is an updated list of which books are still available.

BOOK SALE PART 1 - HOMEBUILT AIRCRAFT & PILOTING

Homebuilt Aircraft by David Thurston - hardcover - fair ex-library - $8
Low Horsepower Fun Aircraft You Can Build by Don Dwiggins - hardcover - fair ex-library - $8
Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators by H. H. Hurt, Jr. - softcover - excellent - $8
The Pilot’s Radio Communications Handbook by Paul E. Illman - good - $6
Sport Aviation - 25 issues of the EAA magazine ranging from April 1971 to September 1977 - good - $25
Air Progress: Sport Aircraft Annual 1973 and the fall 1970 and spring 1971 editons ofSports Planes magazine - fair - $5 for all three

BOOK SALE PART 2 - HISTORIC AVIATION

AMERICAN

Gyro: The Life and Times of Lawrence Sperry by William Wyatt Davenport - hardcover - excellent - $10
Legacy of Flight: The Guggenheim Contribution to American Aviation by Richard P. Hallion - hardcover - good - $10
The Warthog and the Close Air Support Debate by Douglas N. Campbell - hardcover - excellent - $15

BRITISH

Spithead Express: The Pre-War Island Ferry and Post-War Plans (includes development of the Portsmouth Aerocar) by Christopher Balfour - hardcover - excellent - $10
Wellington: The Geodetic Giant by Martin Bowman - hardcover - good - $10
British Aviation: Ominous Skies 1935-1939 by Harald Penrose - hardcover - good except for faded dust jacket - $10

FRENCH & RUSSIAN

Les Avions Farman (in French, a history of Farman aircraft) by J. Liron - hardcover - good - $10

OTHER

The Saab-Scania Story (a history of Saab aircraft and automobiles) - hardcover - good - $10
Japanese Secret Projects by Edwin M. Dyer - hardcover - excellent - $20

BIOGRAPHY & NOVELS

Airborne (flying stories by aerobatic champ and antique airplane pilot) by Neil Williams - hardcover - excellent - $10
Airymouse (flying stories by Westland test pilot) by Harald Penrose - hardcover - excellent - $10
Sagittarius Rising (memoirs of a WWI pilot) by Cecil Lewis and Mr. Standfast (WWI espionage novel) by John Buchan - both paperback - both good - $5 for the pair

Please contact me directly at cluttonfred (you know what goes here) me (and here) com if interested.