PDA

View Full Version : Fun this last weekend

Rick Rademacher
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I took Videm, a twenty year old Ukraine student, for his first ride in a small aircraft to IRCHA at the AMA field in Muncie.

It took almost 1.5 hours of wonderful flight time to make the journey from Urbana. An friendly airport devotee gave us a ride from Reese field to the RC Heli event to see the best of the best fly.
We walked around the corn field to return to the Cub. The air was still clear and smooth so both flights were like magic carpit rides.

Chad Jensen
08-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a great trip in the Cub!! Looks like he had a great time too...:)

sdilullo
08-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Awesome - nothing better than taking someone for their first airplane ride... and in a Cub, no less!

Has some fun in the Cub myself on Friday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex_F9Q87Mds

Hank
08-24-2011, 11:04 AM
I've been wondering what the field is like at Reese. Lots of stuff happens at Muncie that I would like to see. All I can find out is that the pavement is in "poor condition." What can you say about the pavement, the grass and the approaches?

Rick Rademacher
08-24-2011, 01:42 PM
The pavement is ok just a little narrow. I landed the cub to the west over the road on the grass runway to the right of the paved. I have in the past landed my Cessna 210 there with no issues. Reese is a fun small old time strip with no control tower near the AMA grounds. They still have the old 80/87 fuel.

Hank
08-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the update, Rick. As an AMA member, there's a lot of activity at AMA I'm interested in. I'm based at a "small old time strip with no control tower" so that won't be a problem. As far as narrow goes, I like the lights further apart that my wingtips [36'], but if there are no lights, that's not an issue. Guess I'll just have to throw a bike in the back, or be prepared for a long walk.

AndyNZ
09-02-2011, 05:04 AM
What a gorgeous cub and you picked the right weather too by the looks - we're battling with 25degree howling warm nor'westerlies and the next day we are snowed in with -5degC!
Blue skies.