PDA

View Full Version : Recent Grass Roots Pilot Tours (GRPT)

Trevor Janz
08-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Jeff Skiles (VP), Brian O'Lena (YE MGR), Dana Heimos (Marketing) and myself flew the donated 1972 Piper Aztec to Anoka County Airport (Blaine MN) to meet with chapters. EAA chapter 237 (host), 1537 (new chapter in Siren, WI), 551 (St. Cloud), and 25 (Twin Cities). Excellent turn out....just over 200 members attended. I wanted to thank Chapter 237 for reaching out tot the other local chapters! We are highly recommending each host chapter of a GRPT reach out to as many local chapters as possible. Key Air was a very nice facility. We were also amazed at all the antique and restored aircraft call Anoka County home. I also want to thank all the members that participated in our discussion.

We spent the night in Blaine and the off to Superior Wisconsin. EAA chapter 272 (Host), 1221 (Cloquet), and 1128 (Two Harbors) members attended. Doing a rough head count...about 70 in attendance...a good turn out indeed. Thank you to Alan White and Tom Betts for your hospitality and tour of the area. It was nice to stop and see Mark and Tom's project with the building (from scratch) the very first airliner...the Benoist! Cannot wait to see that completed. Thank you 272 for also reaching out to 1221 and 1128. I sounded like you folks are working together already. Good to hear.

We really appreciated being out there and meeting everyone and having a good discussion. We appreciate all the questions and suggestions.

Our next GRPT...will be in October - Kansas City, Omaha and Des Moines. Will keep you posted as we continue to plan more.

24202421Photo on top is Anoka County Blaine MN meeting. Below is Duluth/Superior.

More to come!
Trevor

tjf3019
08-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Trevor,
I hope that you make it out to Delaware sometime, Chapter 1536 would very much appreciate the visit.

Tom Finch

Trevor Janz
09-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks Tom! We will be planning an East Coast Trip....keep an eye on ChapterGram e-Newsletter. It may not be Delaware...but, close by. We are asking the host Chapter to reach out to Chapters within a several mile radius.

Sure to appreciate the invite! Thanks!

tjf3019
09-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Trevor,
Thanks for the update, I will be looking for the east coast trip otherwise, I will see you in October at the Chapter Leaders Academy.

Tom

Trevor Janz
09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Chapter Leadership Academy IS just around the corner. Glad you can make it! See you then.