PDA

View Full Version : SLICK Airventure 2011 Video

slickhutto
08-07-2011, 04:27 AM
After a total of 22 hours of flying in our 1949 Piper Clipper, my father and I successfully completed another adventure up to Oshkosh, Wisconsin for "Airventure". Airventure 2011, the 59th year of the convention, was the honorary place for celebrating major aviation milestones, events, innovations, aircraft and people. Themes such as the Centennial of Naval Aviation and Air Mail, Tribute to aviation legends Burt Rutan and Bob Hoover, 75th Anniversary of Lockheed 12s, Salute to Quicksilvers, Gathering of Zeniths, Electric Aircraft, Flying Cars and much more. All of these themes, all of the aircraft, and most importantly all of the people take one week out of the year and literally turn Oshkosh, Wisconsin into Heaven on Earth.

Airventure 2011 - Heaven on Earth

http://youtu.be/s8SKE7HGVqQ

Thanks for watching!

SLICK

Seerjfly
08-07-2011, 07:24 AM

Hal Bryan
08-07-2011, 08:14 AM
FANTASTIC As ever, Slick! Loved every second of it! The timing of the cut to Bob Carlton's jet sailplane during the night air show was absolutely spectacular - I had chills!

Bob Meder
08-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Hal - link doesn't work on iOS! Have iPad will travel!Slick-you from the Chicago area? Notice lots of videos of KUGN airshow on your YouTube ID. Just curious, as I learned to fly there about a million years ago.

Bill Campbell
08-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Slick, only one thing to say about your vid, ENCORE! ENCORE!

But it's worth saying twice.

Chad Jensen
08-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Excellent video! Very well done...

fly2kads
08-07-2011, 04:03 PM
That, my friend, was really good! Thanks for putting that together and sharing with us. I didn't get to go to AirVenture this year, so I really appreciate being able to see such a well-done video. Several things in particular that I especially liked:
- As Hal alluded to, super job of matching the video edits to the soundtrack! All the way through.
- Your selective use of the aircraft sounds
- The sequence of several aircraft pivoting in the same manner
- The back-to-back fly-bys by the Midget Mustang and the P-51 (not so midget) Mustang.

I hadn't seen your other vids before. I will definitely make some time to look up more of them!

slickhutto
08-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Many thanks to everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoy the video! Be sure to spread it around! Especially show those who have never been, not sure if they should attend, or don't even know about Airventure!

@Bob - Nope I'm from Central Texas. However, I have some good friends at the Warbird Heritage Foundation and the Torjan Horsemen based in KUGN, and I do both promotional airshow and air-to-air video for them.

SLICK

Tom Steber
08-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Man, I sure hope you end up working in video and editing for a living. Your videos are better than the "Big Boys" stuff!

Bob Meder
08-08-2011, 09:10 PM
As always, Slick, that was pretty good. My only request is that you mix more a bit more human interest with the hardware.

slickhutto
08-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks again everyone!

Nope, filming and video editing is just a hobby of mine. The Navy is a career for now!

SLICK

Unwiredone
08-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Sir, you have some very gifted talent!

What camera are you using to capture this video?

slickhutto
08-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks a lot! I'm using a Canon HV30 and a GoPro Motorsports Hero HD.

SLICK

Steve89P
09-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Excellent!