PDA

View Full Version : How about Homebuilders Help Forum

FunInAviation
08-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Would it be possible to have a new forum main subject of "Homebuilders Help" with sub-forums for the different aircraft models? Something like

Homebuilders Help
--Van's Aircraft
--Sonex
--KitFox
-- etc....

Other aircraft model sub-forums could be added upon request to the EAA web guy.

Wutcha tink?

Cap'n Jack
08-06-2011, 07:35 PM
It has my vote FWIW

Neil
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Not a bad idea, but their are type specific sites that already have large archives of information that are very useful without duplicating that information.

How about a Directory of Type Specific web sites.

I'm only familiar with <Biplaneforum.com> which already has several years accumulation of information for most of the popular biplanes as well as information applicable to any tube and fabric designs.

Anymouse
08-07-2011, 08:20 AM
There are so many types out there that you'd have WAY too many subforums. I like the idea of pointers to other sites. Also, an ongoing thread for a particular type probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Cap'n Jack
08-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Niel & Any make good points, but maybe consider subforums for some of the more popular ones? OTOH, these probably have the most information out there. I haven't seen a "useful links" area similar to the one on the blue board ( www.PilotsofAmerica.com (http://www.PilotsofAmerica.com) ). A directory would work well in such a section, while it may well get lost as a thread.

Neil
08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I've been doing support for the Acro Sport designs ever since Ben Owen retired from EAA in January of 1999. I'm not sure how widely known that was or is but I think most of the builders of the Acro Sport Biplanes have found me at the <BiplaneForum.com> site. I'm sure there are those that have not though and if there were a Directory on a central EAA site it would be helpful to those builders seeking information.

krjcolo
08-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I'd love to have this type of forum!:)

AllenR
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm all for it. All homebuilt airplane forums in one spot would be a boon to all builders.