PDA

View Full Version : Buying student ticket and EAA membership for my son

skeeter_ca
06-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Hello,

I will be purchasing weekly tickets for my son and I to attend airventure this year. My son just graduated high school and will be attending college this fall. He is currently 18yrs old and I just want to make sure he qualifies for the student discount ticket of $60. Since he was a student and will be a student this fall and is 18 years old I assume he does qualify for the discount. Is this correct?

http://www.airventure.org/planning/advance_member.html

It also seems i could by his ticket with my membership and thereby not have to buy him a EAA membership this year. Is there any other benefits at Oshkosh to buying him an EAA membership?

Just trying to cut corners where i can so there's more to spend at Oshkosh. Thanks for your help.

skeeter

FlyingRon
06-12-2012, 05:57 PM
He qualifies for the student price based on his age (doesn't matter if they are actually a student or not). As you note, he does not need his own EAA membership. Frankly, if he is traveling with you, I see no reason to have an EAA membership. It gets you a $1 on certain lunch combos but about the only thing at AirVenture the card is good for is to obtain camping credentials (which I assume if you are camping you will be purchasing as well).