PDA

View Full Version : Webinar Registration

Eric Page
06-07-2012, 01:29 PM
I was registering for a few upcoming webinars yesterday and noticed that the "Aircraft Control in Spins" signup page requires a street address and asks for a telephone number in addition to the usual email and zip code. Why? I'm not interested in giving Citrix access to this info, EAA already has it, and I can't imagine why Citrix or Mr. Freelove (presenter) would think that they need it.

Hal Bryan
06-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi Eric -

That's odd - I'm asking for some clarification on this and will reply once I hear back.

Thanks -

Hal

Hal Bryan
06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi again -

I just talked with Timm who manages our webinar programs, and he said that the change was made so that we can contact non-EAA members who attend for recruiting purposes. Note that we're not asking for a telephone number, just email (which was already required) and mailing address.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that we don't have any way to make the form conditional - in other words, only ask for additional contact info from those who state that they are non-members, which is why you see the additional questions even though, as you said, we already know who you are. The information isn't shared with the presenter.

- Hal

Eric Page
06-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks, Hal. I appreciate the clarification.