PDA

View Full Version : camp scholler openings

izznsky
05-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Several times in the past, I have stayed in camp scholler. After showing up on monday of convention week, I had to drive to the far south end of the campground to find an open space. I can't drive around looking for an open space with a 30 foot travel trailer for fear of not getting back out of a road between campers. Any suggestions?

rawheels
05-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Could you drop the trailer off in an open space closer to the highway and then just drive your truck around to find an open spot? You could take something to rope off the spot while you go back for the trailer. Going back and forth may be a hastle, but that seems a lot easier than going up and down the rows with the travel trailer.

Joe Delene
05-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Maybe just pull in the entrance, park out of the way & survey on foot? As you know it can be a pain to unhook & rehook if you don't have to. I say check it out on foot.

AeroPilot
05-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Know anyone that will be arriving before you? Maybe they can stake out a space for you next to their site? Is that allowed?

FlyingRon
05-29-2012, 05:01 PM
You can grab spaces if you pay for them from the time you grab them. Our EAA chapter has a couple of guys who get up early and grab a large contiguous space and we pay them back.