PDA

View Full Version : Preserve the Legends?

CarlOrton
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
My wife made an interesting observation at this year's AirVenture: No one is capturing on video the legends we have amongst us. There was no camera for Bob Hoover, Cliff Robertson, and many others.

Let's face it, folks, some of us don't have much time left on this planet.

Is there a conscious reason why we *don't* video our treasured members?

Kamic
08-03-2011, 09:11 AM
I also noticed very few cameras recording some of the talks/forums. If recall correctly, last year had many recordings. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Steve Buss
08-03-2011, 10:21 AM
There are a number of recordings made throughout the week. For example, Theater in the Woods is recorded on video as are the presentations at the Ford Fly-In Theater. The Warbirds in Review sessions are also recorded on video. All of the forum sessions are digitally recorded on audio, including the museum presentations. With the launch of Timeless Voices, we also have another method to collect the stories of our "legends." This also does not include the extensive interview archives from EAA Radio.
From Theater in the Woods, I am really looking forward to sharing the Bob Hoover tribute with David Hartman; Ron Alexander's Air Mail presentation from Monday evening, as well as Burt Rutan's session from Thursday evening.

I know this doesn't cover everyone, but we do record and preserve as much as we can during AirVenture.
Thanks for asking,
Steve