PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, GPS

Bill Greenwood
03-06-2012, 10:11 AM
I'd like to buy a used inexpensive Garmin aviation Gps, prefer one like a 90 or 95; no car units please. I like the smaller portable units, don't need a lot of features, just reliable and simple to operate.

I might consider a panel mount also, if it is a cheaper one like a 250 and complete with antannea, mounting hardware, cables, etc.

Thanks, leave a message here please.

dbcarter
03-07-2012, 12:45 AM
I'd like to buy a used inexpensive Garmin aviation Gps, prefer one like a 90 or 95; no car units please. I like the smaller portable units, don't need a lot of features, just reliable and simple to operate.

I might consider a panel mount also, if it is a cheaper one like a 250 and complete with antannea, mounting hardware, cables, etc.

Thanks, leave a message here please.

Bill,
I don't know what price range you are looking in but I have a used Garmin 296 with AC and DC power cords, and the original antenna. It works perfectly but I bought a new Aera 510 so I could get the XM radio with it. The unit is in good shape but I do not have any of the manuals anymore but, they are available on Garmins Website.
I will take $600 for it.
If you're interested contact me at dbcarter2001 at Yahoo.com
Best of luck

Bill Greenwood
03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks db?, I am looking for a battery powered gps, like a90 or 95, so that I can renew it on a trip without having to have a charger, and I certainly need the manual, I am not that good with electro gadgets even with instructions.
I saw good reviews for your 296, and for price reference saw a couple on ebay.

roxiedog13
04-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Have a Garmin Pilot 3 with manuals and mount as purchased. Perfect condition no visible wear at all and no scratches on the display.
$225 shipped to your location. Uses AA batteries that will last half the summer for me, I just keep a spare set around just in case.

Rick Rademacher
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I have an older Garmin 195 GPS with both types of batteries (rechargeable and replaceable) with some mounts and data cable for $50 shipped.

josheppaul
05-04-2012, 12:20 AM
There are lots on GPS available like germin nuvi 50 GPS receiver, germin nuvi3790T, germin nuvi1450LMT, germin nuvi1490LMT and more. According to me germin nuvi 50 GPS receiver is much better than any other because it has a good screen enhance value and it is just $107 to $149. I have also use it with AC power cords.

Bill Greenwood
05-04-2012, 08:32 AM
I think the Garmin Nuvi is for cars and not for flying, will not update fast enogh?

I bought a 195 on ebay, and after only 2 weeks I have almost figured out how to use half of it. It does have a nice display screen. It is a marvel of elctronics; it can tell you the relative humidity inside the Apple suplier factory in China or the best time to plant tomatos on the moon. It is a little foggy at telling me how far and what heading to Oshkosh, but perhaps I'll get that figured out by the time to leave in July. It is also real good at telling me how far it is to the last owners airport in Florida,just in case I retire there.

Does anyone here use a 195 that I might phone and ask some directions?